Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am still debating on having an exhaust shop make a downpipe...or just buy one? if i do decide to buy one..which is a good downpipe with great feedback...i notice downpipes for our cars are very expensive..or should i just get one made.?
another question is..is there any big difference with those bigger turbo elbows?

·
Registered
184 Posts
i got the cooleeze downpipe with turbo elbow....fit great, very high quality, even has the stainless flex pipe, and made a HUGE difference in power

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cooleeze vs bic ddp...is it a big difference in power gains?

·
Registered
32 Posts
BiC DDP is what i got, great quality, power gain because of the separate piping of the wastegate and it scares the sheeet out of people!!:)...Cooleeze its also a Great Dp. So its up to you of what u want...goodluck

·
Registered
184 Posts
i'd go with one of BIC downpipe...it replaces the restrictive elbow as well..looks to be a good buy...
cooleeze replace the elbow as well.....both great downpipes...both put down about the same amount of power.....DDP is just alot louder...all depends what you like

·
Registered
184 Posts
i am still debating on having an exhaust shop make a downpipe...or just buy one? if i do decide to buy one..which is a good downpipe with great feedback...i notice downpipes for our cars are very expensive..or should i just get one made.?
another question is..is there any big difference with those bigger turbo elbows?
and to answer the turbo elbow question......a 3" downpipe will be pretty much a waste with the factory turbo elbow still in place.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
the bic ddp is great. Its loud under full boost so if you want something more quiet get the rerouted bic ddp

·
Registered
116 Posts
so my cousin bought a 3" hks downpipe, but he wants to use the stock turbo elbow, i am trying to talk him into getting the 3"

please write ur oppinions here so he can read them thanks all.

·
Phantom Flipper
638 Posts
Why on earth would he want to use the stock elbow? Lack of funds? There's no reson to buy a downpipe only to leave the stock elbow.

Stock elbow is rediculously restrictive and a heavy piece anyways. Also, from what I have read the HKS downpipe isn't that good and hangs really low. I can only speak from experience with a BIC dp (eliminates the stock elbow) and it is a fantastic piece.

My advice is for him to sell the HKS dp and purchase either a BIC or Cooleeze downpipe that has the integrated elbow. Everything else just doesn't compare to these products.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you could also consider a zwmotorsports down pipe. made very similar to the bic downpipes, and priced a little less expensive.

·
Registered
116 Posts
well ^^ now that funny, lol i bet it worked quite well, lol. you could prolly drive a 3" stud in like one hit, lmao.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts