Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow mkiii owners....im new to the mkii world...i was jus wondering wats a good exhuast for these cars....i kinda like the way apexi n1 looks but they stopped making them....the rsr gt2 looks similar but a fellow member said the canister looks to small for the car...i havent really seen any nice pics of it.....but i like the muffler to exit at an angle...atleast 3inch piping!!

thanks in advance!!

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
HKS super dragger: quite, but expansive
Blitz Nur spec: loud but not too loud, good overall exhaust
tanabe: not pretty looking but is cheap and quite effective
u could always go with custom 3in exhaust setup for cheaper

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys.....wat abt the rsr gt2...anygood?? does anyome have this in thier car n could share a pic would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
well.. if you live in a state/city where you get hassled alot. Get a cat back that is 50 state legal with CARB exemption number. I can tell you the HKS Dragger AND the tanabe hyper medallion are. I know for a fact that custom is not and most straight design are not. So keep that in mind depending on your municipality.

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
XFFE said:
is it just me or does it look like he just shit his pants in that picture? lol
yea, and got some on his shirt.

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
I personally LOVE my exhaust. BIC DDP, Race Testpipe (with cutout), custom HKS Carbon/Ti catback. Sounds mean as hell. But thats my opinion. Now that I got the car running a lil bit better, I'm gonna post up some new vids so everyone can hear the exhaust.

As far as a good exhaust, most of the name brands are good, the Blitz Nur Spec is supposed to be badass. I know the HKS Super Dragger is nice too. Ive heard that the RSR GT2 is good also. Its all a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
i think the tanabe is good looking for being an exhaust. ;)

lol.. wonder how many people buy an exhaust for how it looks instead of weight or how it sounds??? :confused:

·
Registered
606 Posts
HKS super dragger has a big can, IMO ugly.
Blitz Nur Spec is one of my favorites-muffler looks like it sticks out just a tad bit much, but looks very nice just straight out and simple like that. Heard its loud, probably was the loudest until the RS*R GT2.
I have the RS*R GT2-slightly straighter than the Blitz (which is one of the straightest also) Nothing but a full pipe with nothing in the way. I dont love the angle look, but it does offer it and it looks ok, more importantly it allowed for a straighter route. Probably one of the best flowing production exhausts-though differences may be minimal. oh yeah, its not full stainless steel so that sucks

1 - 20 of 52 Posts