Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and is anyone interested in one. I have a connection that has one right now. He's checking on whether its from an Aristo or a Supra. I should find out in a couple of days. But what do these things go for retail?
 

· !black
Joined
·
10,248 Posts
It really depends. Chances are if it's JDM, it's an aristo. I hate all these ebay clowns trying to pass an aristo motor off as a "supra swap" to people who have no clue what they are getting themselves into.

Price depends on many things. JDM supra motors will go for far less than their US counterparts. ceramic turbos, smaller injectors, and a MAP based ECU means that you can't run a US harness wiring changes. Not a problem if you are going single and standalone though :)

James
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MadMaxx said:
It really depends. Chances are if it's JDM, it's an aristo. I hate all these ebay clowns trying to pass an aristo motor off as a "supra swap" to people who have no clue what they are getting themselves into.

Price depends on many things. JDM supra motors will go for far less than their US counterparts. ceramic turbos, smaller injectors, and a MAP based ECU means that you can't run a US harness wiring changes. Not a problem if you are going single and standalone though :)

James
I don't know why they would go for FAR less. I have a JDM Supra motor all stock with JDM ECU and Harness, Intake, DP and Exhaust, and I would bet on my Supra against most Stock USDM Motors. I'm pushing around 14 psi and it's very fast and strong. I think most NA's would be VERY happy with the stock JDM Setup. I am.

Man I really need to get this thing on a dyno, I would bet I'm putting down mid to high 300's. That's how quick this thing feels. And I've driven many 300 + vehicles and have owned a few also.
 

· Always on call
Joined
·
3,719 Posts
Begone - Im glad your JDM project went well. I was making over mid to high 300s with my JDM setup but now I have US turbos/injectors/cams being placed in my car. Ill let you know if there is a big difference.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DrDJDesi said:
Begone - Im glad your JDM project went well. I was making over mid to high 300s with my JDM setup but now I have US turbos/injectors/cams being placed in my car. Ill let you know if there is a big difference.
I'd be interested to see the gains. I'm going to get my car dynoed soon. If you see a BIG difference I must might have to follow suit. Are you still going to use the Jspec ECU? What are you doing as far as engine management? Thanks.
 

· !black
Joined
·
10,248 Posts
So 3500 for a US 6spd getrag unit and US GTE motor (complete?). Dude, If you're serious I'll paypal ya when I get home.

Look at me, trying to sell one GTE only to try and buy another one at the same time :lol: I'm such a parts whore.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,620 Posts
MadMaxx said:
So 3500 for a US 6spd getrag unit and US GTE motor (complete?). Dude, If you're serious I'll paypal ya when I get home.

Look at me, trying to sell one GTE only to try and buy another one at the same time :lol: I'm such a parts whore.
:lol:

I don't take paypal but I will take credit card. If anything comes up the money is refunded 100%.

Forza,
Kevin
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top