Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and is anyone interested in one. I have a connection that has one right now. He's checking on whether its from an Aristo or a Supra. I should find out in a couple of days. But what do these things go for retail?

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
begone said:
But what do these things go for retail?
More than you could afford, pal. Ferrari!

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
JDM or USDM??? I would be interested...depending how much, how many miles, and where it came from :)

·
!black
4,625 Posts
It really depends. Chances are if it's JDM, it's an aristo. I hate all these ebay clowns trying to pass an aristo motor off as a "supra swap" to people who have no clue what they are getting themselves into.

Price depends on many things. JDM supra motors will go for far less than their US counterparts. ceramic turbos, smaller injectors, and a MAP based ECU means that you can't run a US harness wiring changes. Not a problem if you are going single and standalone though :)

James

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MadMaxx said:
It really depends. Chances are if it's JDM, it's an aristo. I hate all these ebay clowns trying to pass an aristo motor off as a "supra swap" to people who have no clue what they are getting themselves into.

Price depends on many things. JDM supra motors will go for far less than their US counterparts. ceramic turbos, smaller injectors, and a MAP based ECU means that you can't run a US harness wiring changes. Not a problem if you are going single and standalone though :)

James
I don't know why they would go for FAR less. I have a JDM Supra motor all stock with JDM ECU and Harness, Intake, DP and Exhaust, and I would bet on my Supra against most Stock USDM Motors. I'm pushing around 14 psi and it's very fast and strong. I think most NA's would be VERY happy with the stock JDM Setup. I am.

Man I really need to get this thing on a dyno, I would bet I'm putting down mid to high 300's. That's how quick this thing feels. And I've driven many 300 + vehicles and have owned a few also.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Supra SONIC said:
What???

Reactions: DrDJDesi

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
Supra SONIC said:

More than you could afford, pal. Kia :bigthumb:

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Begone - Im glad your JDM project went well. I was making over mid to high 300s with my JDM setup but now I have US turbos/injectors/cams being placed in my car. Ill let you know if there is a big difference.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DrDJDesi said:
Begone - Im glad your JDM project went well. I was making over mid to high 300s with my JDM setup but now I have US turbos/injectors/cams being placed in my car. Ill let you know if there is a big difference.
I'd be interested to see the gains. I'm going to get my car dynoed soon. If you see a BIG difference I must might have to follow suit. Are you still going to use the Jspec ECU? What are you doing as far as engine management? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
I know a guy selling one with tranny and ECU for $3k. He doesn't really know what it's worth. I will let anyone know where it is but I am charging a finders fee of course.

Forza,
Kevin

·
Registered
544 Posts
There have been a few on eBay with auto trannies, harness, ecu for < $2500 the past few weeks. Some from a sketchy looking seller, some from one who looked pretty good.

Shiva

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
I know a guy selling one with tranny and ECU for $3k. He doesn't really know what it's worth. I will let anyone know where it is but I am charging a finders fee of course.

Forza,
Kevin

Tranny is a 6spd getrag btw and this is a USDM engine.

Forza,
Kevin

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:

Forza,
Kevin
SOLD!

okay, u got me excited, how many miles. And how much for this finders fee?

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:

Forza,
Kevin
im interested...pm me details :)

-Kevin G.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
adversary said:
SOLD!

okay, u got me excited, how many miles. And how much for this finders fee?
30k miles, I'm charging a $500.00 middleman fee.

Please contact me off the forums if interested.

Forza,
Kevin

(MadMaxx, I gotta be original on these forums LOL)

·
!black
4,625 Posts
So 3500 for a US 6spd getrag unit and US GTE motor (complete?). Dude, If you're serious I'll paypal ya when I get home.

Look at me, trying to sell one GTE only to try and buy another one at the same time :lol: I'm such a parts whore.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
MadMaxx said:
So 3500 for a US 6spd getrag unit and US GTE motor (complete?). Dude, If you're serious I'll paypal ya when I get home.

Look at me, trying to sell one GTE only to try and buy another one at the same time :lol: I'm such a parts whore.
:lol:

I don't take paypal but I will take credit card. If anything comes up the money is refunded 100%.

Forza,
Kevin

1 - 20 of 20 Posts