Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just curious what kind of suspension setup is good for a DD? With the intention of going NA-T later on or just getting a GTE. Tein? Eibach/Koni's? I wanna redo the entire suspension, whats a good place to start looking and to order from?

This is on the SC300 of course.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went with Koni yellows, TRD fat ass sway bars and stock TT springs as per highly recommended by Phil P. Perfect stiffness for daily driving and the always sport sprit ed driving on the way to work. Just make sure to set the Koni's to the lowest spring perch setting to get that nice lowered look. Yet it looks lowered but you don't get that bottom out feel like with Eibachs.... I can look for pictures if you like......

·
Registered
152 Posts
Depends on the money you have to spend really. I went with the Eibach Pro Spring Kit and the KYB AGX shocks. The shocks can be substituted with your favorite brand if you so choose. It gave the car a very nice look and on full soft, the suspension is perfect for daily driving. If you wanted to do some canyon carving, a simple turn of the stiffness would give you the right settings you need.

If you have a little bit larger budget, you could go with the Tein HA coilovers. Those are supposed to be very good. It is also what Ryan Woon currently uses on his race car and claims to work excellent on the streets too.

Another option is to invest in the Tein Flex coilovers and get the EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller). With this setup, you can adjust everything from within the car WHILE DRIVING.

Hope this info helps! :)

CARGASM

·
Registered
598 Posts
For some, Tein Flex are a little to rough for street.... Tein HA's were replaced with Tein SS and those work with the EDFC as well.... unless you have a TRD STB since we're talking suspension.

I have a TRD STB so I can't use the EDFC, but in the future I'm trying to go TEIN SS and Stillen Sway Bars (Same as TRD, little cheaper). That should be a good street setup on a budget.

·
OCC
897 Posts
Jcapote said:
I went with Koni yellows, TRD fat ass sway bars and stock TT springs as per highly recommended by Phil P. Perfect stiffness for daily driving and the always sport sprit ed driving on the way to work. Just make sure to set the Koni's to the lowest spring perch setting to get that nice lowered look. Yet it looks lowered but you don't get that bottom out feel like with Eibachs.... I can look for pictures if you like......
How much lower does the car sit with the stock springs/konis on the lowest perch? I'd love to see pics. I'm very pleased with the way the stock suspension is able to soak up the imperfections of the public roads... big bux coilovers isn't always the answer.

sushi

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
rizinphoenix said:
For some, Tein Flex are a little to rough for street.... Tein HA's were replaced with Tein SS and those work with the EDFC as well.... unless you have a TRD STB since we're talking suspension.

I have a TRD STB so I can't use the EDFC, but in the future I'm trying to go TEIN SS and Stillen Sway Bars (Same as TRD, little cheaper). That should be a good street setup on a budget.

I recently had the Tein SS install and I really like them. I was very happy with my stock suspension and was concerned about how stiff they might be, but I have found the new SS a much nicer ride than my stock suspension that had 61k on them. They are easy to adjust dampening as well....just pop the hood or hatch and turn a little nob on top....nice set-up for not much more than a new set of springs and struts.

Brad

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
can't go wrong with tein products :bigok:

I had eibach's on my old supra, they were ok...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Awesome....thanks for chiming in Brad. I really can't wait to get them installed with the sway bars, it should feel totally solid on my 97 supra. My suspension is prolly due for replacement anyway.... 102k miles haha. Also I heard there were suspension differences between the 93-96 compared to the 97-98 models.... the later models were more floaty so the ride wasn't rough, no one has confirmed that though. I did have VeilsideTT test drive my car back when I get it and he did say the suspension didn't feel like his 94.

I'm not upset about giving up the edfc for the TRD STB since the damping adjustment is really easy to do. Besides the TRD STB makes the turning response a hell of a lot better than goin stock. This massive one piece bar looks really tricked under the hood too. :)

Hmmm the author wanted a street setup for an SC300....
Are there coilover and sway bar options for the lexus sc300?

banton said:
I recently had the Tein SS install and I really like them. I was very happy with my stock suspension and was concerned about how stiff they might be, but I have found the new SS a much nicer ride than my stock suspension that had 61k on them. They are easy to adjust dampening as well....just pop the hood or hatch and turn a little nob on top....nice set-up for not much more than a new set of springs and struts.

Brad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts