Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i searched and got some clues. Should $2000 shipped be the maximum? Or is that still reasonable? Or is $2000+shipping still reasonable? These are things I want to know before buying one, im SICK of learning through mistakes.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
depends on where u get it, most clips from anyold place cost aroudn $2200. Jarco sells them for a grand or so more but they are generally in great shape from there and they come with vids of the cars before they were cut. Since ur from Mn ur gonna get bent over on shipping as well.

~scott

·
Registered
956 Posts
I paid 2900 for mine locally. A little on the high side, but I got to go and look at it and start it up and run compression. Theres one in Cali for 2100 + shipping though.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
2000 + shipping is still very good price for a 5 speed clip.jarco gives you the rear subframe also.when you think about what you get.diff,struts(f&r),rotors and caliper's,a-arms(f&r),sway bars(f&r),h4 headlamp's,jdm horn's,gauge cluster(7000 tach)

·
I have auto ADD.
4,567 Posts
you're going to be hard pressed to find a reputable place that sells 5spd clips for cheaper than $2500 + shipping. Prices have risen a lot lately.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
brewster said:
Prices have risen a lot lately.
Meaning the 1JZ is becomming more rare? Or more popular?
Hrmmmmmmm............

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
popular, and its hard to find a good 1jz clip..

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
People always seem to forget the Route I took though as many others have, a Motorset...........

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Motorset, typically cheaper then a front clip.
Can include or not include a lot of items.
With mine, from Jhot I recieved the follow.
Motor/Trans/Uncut Harness/ECU/Ignitor/MAP/IC/IC Pipes/Trust 3" DP

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
Supra_Dre said:
What's a reasonable price for a 1jz clip?
I'll sell you one for $6,000 + shipping :ugh2:

No seriously, between 2-3 thousand. It's weird though, 10 months ago I was seeing clips/halfcuts go for around 1900 bucks, but prices goin up lately. Why??

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,405 Posts
Well If you are looking i have two complete clips, one has 102,XXX kilometers and the other has 77,XXX kilometers. PM or email me for price.

PS. Im on Aim if you wanna talk also.

Aim handle is onebad7m

·
Registered
923 Posts
motorsets arent a bad way to go depending on what you want to do. I picked pu a 5 speed motorset for 1500 from venus, and paid 202 shipped to oregon Came with 5 speed, most everything but intercooler piping and intercooler. No ac or ps lines, which also wasnt an issue for me. Full harness and what not.

I do admit a clip would have been nice for my first swap as had a hard time figuring out what everything went to, and I ended up going with a haltech e11v2 lol.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
TiWo2.0 said:
your engine is leaking oil...

It came with the Crushed Oilpan mod.
Hammered the dent out, welded the hole, and re-painted the pan. No leaks.

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
Flea420 said:
It came with the Crushed Oilpan mod.
Hammered the dent out, welded the hole, and re-painted the pan. No leaks.
Cool.
Anyways, I was just being an asshole and pointing out something that you obveously already knew.

Good looking engine though. Pretty cool that it came with almost everything you need.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts