Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after looking on autotrader and ebay and all of those sites, my main quesiton is a stock supra ( or bpu one) really worth the $35,000+ price tag. did you guys pay that much for y'all surpa or y'all had it before the price jump out the window due to the fast and the furious. because i was just thinking out my 2002 Gs 430 is worth just as much as a 97-98 MKIV :bs:
 
G

·
id pay 35 grand for a low mileage "un modded" supra .... but once they get
modded there not worth that much in my opinion

original cars are rare the older they get :)
 

·
Laughing at u not with u
Joined
·
149 Posts
^^^ What he said depends un-modded supras are not worth as much I think. It all depends on the person new motor, rebuilt, what mods, stock it all comes into play


My opinion low mileage def worth 35k+
 

·
Noise ≠ Power...
Joined
·
638 Posts
Don't look at me, I got lucky and scored mine with minimal mods for only $22,500 I think it was. Only mods were intake, exhaust, BOV and turbo timer. Not bad for an auto with 76k on the clock I guess...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
618 Posts
It is worth whatever someone else is willing to pay. If those cars are selling for those prices, then they are worth them.
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
chupacabra said:
It is worth whatever someone else is willing to pay. If those cars are selling for those prices, then they are worth them.
Exactly what I was gonna say. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay and not a penny more.

chupacabra.... that's awesome! :bigok: :gapteeth:
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
94tttsupra said:
i got mine for $12,000 no mods a complete virgan. 94 TT 6SPD but the only thing it had high mileage 124,000
Deal of the century right there. :ugh2:
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
adversary said:
I got mine for 9K.
Did you have to supply your own frame, engine and tranny?
 

·
Noise ≠ Power...
Joined
·
638 Posts
No, but judgin by his name, he had to supply his own turbo! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how many miles is concidered "low mileage" on a 97 or 98 supra?
i know that these JZ-GTTE engines are dam near bullet proof
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
ChizWizz47 said:
No, but judgin by his name, he had to supply his own turbo! ;)
Ha! Yeah, saw that. I would've raised the BS flag if he was trying to say he got a running MKIV TT for $9k.

:bsflag:

That's the one. :bigthumb:
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
MKIV 4 Life said:
how many miles is concidered "low mileage" on a 97 or 98 supra?
i know that these JZ-GTTE engines are dam near bullet proof
100k is nearing the end of the road for many but just starting to spread it's wings for the 2JZ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,328 Posts
Hmm,

I paid 32K for my '94 w/ 86K that was heavily modified. Seemed like a decent deal at the time, but in retrospect I paid too much for something I wanted very bad. I know better now, but i'm well over 80K+ deep at this point to go back...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,248 Posts
It all depends on the car. A clean car, with clean mods is worth quite a bit; if you buy a stockish car, and plan on modifing it, it will cost you a lot more than paying more for a well done car that is already modified.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BigVic said:
Hmm,

I paid 32K for my '94 w/ 86K that was heavily modified. Seemed like a decent deal at the time, but in retrospect I paid too much for something I wanted very bad. I know better now, but i'm well over 80K+ deep at this point to go back...
yea i believe there is on price tag on what you want
 

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
Joined
·
1,936 Posts
94tttsupra said:
i got mine for $12,000 no mods a complete virgan. 94 TT 6SPD but the only thing it had high mileage 124,000
That was a deal ....The mileage isnt that bad either.The best thing is that its a 6sp car. I looked everywhere for a good condition 6sp that wasnt outrageously priced and I'll i really found was autos when i was looking for one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
3 years ago I paid 27K for a BPU Black 6 Speed with 43,000 miles on it. I was about ready to buy an automatic when I found it on E-Bay and flew to Chicagoland area to get it.

I'm sure I could sell it for the same price, if not more now.
 
1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Top