Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tailights wont come on when i turn the headlights on, but work when i hit the brakes. ive tried the fuses an switching the yellow box but no luck. in my repair manual it shows a round like fuse called a tailight control relay. could it be whats making it not work ? also , my gauges wont light up. ive tried the fuses an dimmer switch but nothing worked. any clues ?? i very much apprecaite it !

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Have you checked the fuse inside the engine bay, not the one inside the cabin. Thats exactly what would happen if you blew it from there and not a relay....double check.

Kruso

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked in the one in the engine bay. none say nuthing about the lights or the gauges. can u tell me which one to look for ?? i apprecaite it.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Now come to think of it i dont exactly kno which fuse box its in....But it DOES say "tail" for its description, btw....just check all your fuses man, it wont take but a minute.

Kruso

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked the one that u said . i changed all the regualr kind of fuses with new ones for the hell of it but didnt help any.

·
re-born
1,584 Posts
supra888888 said:
my tailights wont come on when i turn the headlights on, but work when i hit the brakes. ive tried the fuses an switching the yellow box but no luck. in my repair manual it shows a round like fuse called a tailight control relay. could it be whats making it not work ? also , my gauges wont light up. ive tried the fuses an dimmer switch but nothing worked. any clues ?? i very much apprecaite it !
had the same problem
first off you are blowing a fuse under the driver side kick panel, i forget the name just check them all (be happy if you are skinny cause that area under the steering column was not designed for fat people like me)

anyways after you locate the burned fuse you are going to have to figure out what is caused it to burn, Replace it and cross your fingers that it doesnt blow, but if it does again, gunna have to check all your wires in the car and find where the short is coming from
I had a short behind my gauge cluster because i did a half ass job wiring the lights for my boost gauge

on a side note, i got pulled over for drunk driving, because my tail lights were out (i didnt know) and the cop thought all my lights were off, so he made me do all the drunk tests =\

1 - 6 of 6 Posts