Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm about to buy a mkIII turbo and the dealer tells me that the only thing wrong with the car is the water bypass tube that runs behind the engine, i was wondering if anyone know what i'm talking about? if you know what i'm talking about is this a serious issue? is it hard to be replace? please someone help me out, thanks i would appreciate it lots.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
The only "tube" running towards the back of the engine is the 90 degree hose going from the block to the head or the hose going from the head to the heater valve. No they're not expensive and take minutes to replace.

Kruso

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
This pipe is a POS to replace in the car goes from water pump to heater pipe feed water pipes for throtle body etc

Under exhaust to the feed of the nice easy to replace heater hose the steel pipe needs to have mounts off on turbo side to get out

TRSM on line is your freind !!

:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys i appreciate it :) i was gonna do it myself if it's simple, sounds simple enough, so i can low ball as well. :p but again, thanks a lot guys :)

S

·
0 Posts
Thats dickface little hose blew on me last X-mas eve at 11pm and promptly expelled every last bit of coolant it could... not a huge deal but a pain all the same.

S

·
0 Posts
This sounds very suspicious. A dealership will replace a 20 dollar hose, instead of telling a customer about it (and loosing way more money in the sale price).

I'd check for a BHG by taking it to a garage and having a hydrocarbon test done.

The few bucks spent now, can save you countless aggravation and expense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts