Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to know what the previous owner hacked off in this picture. I suspect is was a skid plate - lower engine protector.

Does it need to be replaced or can I (and the car) live without it?

Thanks all for any advise.

Miles

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
Nope A70 you are correct those are the tow hook

they are kind of triangle shaped and have holes in the bottom to obviously get towed iwth

Why in hell would you cut them off ? weight reduction :p ?

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
well you all have heard about the new way of stealing cars... jsut get a tow truck and steal it. That is accually a better idea on how not to get towd. Remove the hooks and back into the space :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tow hook eh! Could be right 'cause there's no hooks on the front end now. Can't understand why somebody would cut them off rather than just take out the six bolts. Definately a cutting torch job though.

So I guess I can live without 'em.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if thats the case, i'd weld the tow hook back, and cut the axle :D On a serious note though, would a 1.5" drop stop em from towin you on your axle? I know on a 2" for most cars they wouldnt be able fit the hitch underneath the cars wheels. This is where air suspension would come in real handy :)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
An honest towtruck might be hesitant to tow your vehicle under such conditions.

A theif doesn't give a damn. They'll just hook up to your bumper with a hunk of chain and drag it away if they want your car. Or punch out both door windows and run a chain through the passenger compartment. They don't care about the damage, they are just going to strip the car anyhow.

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
I had to take the one on the passenger side off to make room for my twin intercooler pipes..............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts