Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just asking, is it better to drive a stick or drive auto with a tt supra? i know its a dumb Q, but my friend is going to buy one, and cant drive a stick, and thinks that a auto tt will be worth it.......what do you guys think

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
well depends in the long run what he wants to do in terms of power and all !

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i have driven both and ill tell you this, ill drive my 6speed any day that ends in y over an auto. my suggestion, learn how to drive a fvcking stick, its not that hard!!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have always had a stick. Been thinking about what it would be like to have an auto myself. On a side note I went over to Baltimore MD to Mercy medical center for a family member, while there I had to do alot of driving. I was a t a stop light on a hill that you could have launched a rocket from..it was pretty flippen steep, real steep. I was thinking it would be a bitch to drive my 6 speed here all the time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Supra auto box is *very* good compared to 'other auto boxes'... so I suspect either would do... if your going crazy power with a single, then (I've heard) manual is the way to go....

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I drive a 4AT. I leased a 6MT back in '97 but that car was unmodified so the clutch was easy to deal with. If you are aiming for big power go 6MT. If you are shooting for BPU, either will do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MtFujiSupra said:
I drive a 4AT. I leased a 6MT back in '97 but that car was unmodified so the clutch was easy to deal with. If you are aiming for big power go 6MT. If you are shooting for BPU, either will do.

can i ask what bpu is?, and i think he wants look's, sound, and speed at the same time lol so 6sp?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Brunoboy650 said:
im just asking, is it better to drive a stick or drive auto with a tt supra? i know its a dumb Q, but my friend is going to buy one, and cant drive a stick, and thinks that a auto tt will be worth it.......what do you guys think
I think you should let go of your friends pocket and have him ask the questions himself. Thanks prison-bitch.

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
craigdt said:
It has been scientifically proven that manual is always better than auto.
-Craig
i guess that explains y Marko, SP, MSP, Titan, Bullish (formerly), and the other 90% of high horsepower sub-10 second cars run autos

back on topic... it depends on what he plans on doing with the car...
street car = either
road race car = manual
street car with 1/4 mile time = either (auto is more consistent)
drag car = auto (youll be switching to a th400 anyway... so might as well save cash when buying the car)

i love my auto w/th400 and b&m ratchet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah. I would agree an auto is def. more consistent and chosen for race intentions, however, I'm sure there is a certain stereotype if you have a Supra but it's an AUTO. Maybe.. "lame"..or however it may be described.

Honestly, if an opportunity came along that was a great deal but it was an Auto, I'd take it. An auto can still be modified and ran like a supra deserves to be run.,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
VINZE said:
I think you should let go of your friends pocket and have him ask the questions himself. Thanks prison-bitch.

dude man, dont start S**T with me, i asked a simple Q. so mind your business

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
swearitsstock said:
i guess that explains y Marko, SP, MSP, Titan, Bullish (formerly), and the other 90% of high horsepower sub-10 second cars run autos
Not everyone's idea of a good time happens 1/4 at a time...

Brunoboy650 said:
dude man, dont start S**T with me, i asked a simple Q. so mind your business
:rofl: A simple question that has been asked a million times. Try a search for Newb questions like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts