Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or do i find Supras with the targa off extremely sexy...and when you don't want it off, put it back on and it looks just like a hard top...

I can understand if you're choosing between a convertible and a hard top as the car's lines dramatically change with a convertible...but Targa and Hard top look pretty much the same...is the structural rigidity that much better with a hard top?

i guess my argument is that targa can look like hard tops, but hard tops cannot look like targas if it wanted...no flame please, it's Friday and im not doing shit at work :stickpoke

· Working OT
9,049 Posts
Who cares the targa is sexy. I guess if you are into autocross or something. But for just driving around town targa ftw. A car being a hardtop actually decrease the value for me I've got to have the targa. I never put mine on my top stayed off and was in the garage.

· I Solve Problems
7,261 Posts
I have always thought it couldn't be that drastic a difference but it is! No flex, no noises, no leaks, nice sexy hardtop roof lines and a lighter car too.
The hardtop chasis feels more like an S2K chasis.

· My Own "Carbon Fiber Guy"
2,671 Posts
You can always re-enforce the chasis to get it close to the ridgidity of a hard top. Then you would have the best of both worlds. Hard tops just come ridgid. You have to work for it with a targa. The other draw of the hard top is rarity. Those things are super hard to come by in perfect condition and low miles. Unless they are an N/A.

· Registered
311 Posts
My targa gives me no problems at all.. No rattles, shakes etc like others complained about. I need to ride with it off to really see what people are talking about. Sounds terrible.. But you can't argue the fact, that it is DAM sexy with the targa off.

· Glad to be back
3,478 Posts
I enjoy my targa now that I have one, but If I had to choose, it would be hardtop.

Drive both and you'll see.

· King of Snark
2,126 Posts
I think the targa rattle adds to the sexiness of owning a 15 year old car.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.