Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the most hp that u have seen or heard of on a supra?

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
on pump gas? or pump gas on methanol?

pump gas = 500HP common

I think Jesus did 600 or so on his T-88 :)

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
actually i think Jesus was 698 although that seems really high :)

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
i knew there was someone i was forgetting

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Yep, I remember him posting about it. People thought he was completely insane for running such high boost on 91 octane. :eek:

::MySTiK_[SuPRa]:: said:
I believe Chris (SP Black Bird) from SP Engineering
did 700rwhp at 2.05bar (= 29psi) on 91 octane on his
hks 2835 equiped supra.

·
Registered
133 Posts
what about stock twins, injection kit on pump 91 with dampener mod. how much would that yeild. also what assistance would stock twins need to hit 500hp besides NOS

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
::MySTiK_[SuPRa]:: said:
I believe Chris (SP Black Bird) from SP Engineering
did 700rwhp at 2.05bar (= 29psi) on 91 octane on his
hks 2835 equiped supra.
29psi on 91 octane:eek: are you for real?

·
Unstable
370 Posts
I think someone broke the stock twin 500whp barrier w/o the use of N2O, if I recall. Keep in mind this is with 6spd, cams/gears, race fuel, timing up the ass, pulleys, etc, etc, etc.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
MKIV4Door said:
29psi on 91 octane:eek: are you for real?

Yup, and he got bashed really bad for it to. I didnt
understand why. I mean, it was under supervision by the guys at SPE when it was on the dyno. I know 29psi on 91octane is crazy and thats just asking for a blown motor but he could do whatever he wants, its his car. well here's the thread if anyone wanted to read it: 700.5 rwhp at 2.05bar on 91 octane

-Phu

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
People may make that much power but for how long....? Speaking about reliability with say 93 octane, small single turbo and FMIC 3Row, you want to stay at or below 18-19 psi max and some say that is pushing it!
I am not saying the power people claim they made is a lie but if they did that continuously then cumulative damage to the engine will result. I feel there are a few factors that play into the equation, 1) How many miles are on your motor and the previous abuse (slight cumulative damage already but unnoticed) and 2) the amount of time you are running the boost (if you run 22 psi on 93 pump in 4th gear from 4K rpms to redline then by the time you are at and above 6500rpms you cylinders will be real hot; the fact that each cycle will just keep heating the cylinders up linearly or exponentially (do not really know) with increasing rmps.) Its kind of like how a heat sink is all relative to ambient temperature which in this case is analogous to the ambient being the temperature of the cylinder in the previous cycle. Hope this makes some sense to someone!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The question needs to be clarified. You can do silly shit on a dyno and never get to use it withotu blowing the motor (like 2 bar and 91 octane). The reason so many of us think it's llame to do that is because the car won't last while being used of setup that way. You can do it and say you did but it doesn't mean jack shit. That's the problem with it.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
silvino said:
The question needs to be clarified. You can do silly shit on a dyno and never get to use it withotu blowing the motor (like 2 bar and 91 octane). The reason so many of us think it's llame to do that is because the car won't last while being used of setup that way. You can do it and say you did but it doesn't mean jack shit. That's the problem with it.

yes i agree with you that boosting 2bar with 91octane is
just asking for a blown motor and yes, its true that
he'll never beable to do that reliably. But I was just saying that
its his car, he can be stupid if he wants. It was just the fact that some people were a little bit up-tight about it. I guess it doesnt even matter, this subject of him and his car is irrelevent, so i didnt see a problem with it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
silvino said:
Word

·
Registered
575 Posts
x X CLoud X x said:
yup i remember when he ran 29lbs on pump..... he proved everyone wrong
It's pretty sad if you believe that. One long pull on the strreet and he would have been sitting next to his car on the side of the road. Even after the dyno pull, I suspect he did internal damage that just wasn't immediately obvious.

He started out bragging then backpedaled really quickly saying he knew it wasn't safe etc. What really pissed me off was that he had the car up for sale on the forums claiming it wasn't run hard and had been dynoed at something like 1.6 bar and he was going to leave it at that.

I know a number of foks who wouldn't go near SP Engineering where he was working after hearing of that stunt.
Note: That's SPE in CA, not SP in IL.

Mike

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
whats the usual fuel used on these high hp supras i here about all of the time

1 - 20 of 40 Posts