Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to order the Titan Swaybars. Can anyone tell me what is involved in installing these?
Thanks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Swaybars are a pretty easy do-it-yourself mod. You need to jack up and support the end of the car you are working on and then just do some unbolting, and bolting. The rear couldn't be simpler as everything is real easy to get to. The front is a bit harder because the bar is kind of buried underneath the plastic shields, so you have to take a bunch of those off (don't lose the screws!). Also, the bolts securing the bar to the frame on the driver's side are somewhat blocked by some of your hoses, but can be worked around with a flexible extension. Just take your time, and you shouldn't have any problems, and will be well worth your time. I should say that I haven't done the Titan bars specifically, but I don't see why they should be any different from the TRDs. Good luck! Oh, one last thing, make sure to follow appropriate torquing of bolts - pretty important on things like a sway bar.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TGIF 1 said:
Swaybars are a pretty easy do-it-yourself mod. You need to jack up and support the end of the car you are working on and then just do some unbolting, and bolting. The rear couldn't be simpler as everything is real easy to get to. The front is a bit harder because the bar is kind of buried underneath the plastic shields, so you have to take a bunch of those off (don't lose the screws!). Also, the bolts securing the bar to the frame on the driver's side are somewhat blocked by some of your hoses, but can be worked around with a flexible extension. Just take your time, and you shouldn't have any problems, and will be well worth your time. I should say that I haven't done the Titan bars specifically, but I don't see why they should be any different from the TRDs. Good luck! Oh, one last thing, make sure to follow appropriate torquing of bolts - pretty important on things like a sway bar.
Ron, thanks for the details.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Hey Paul...we kinda lost touch over the past several weeks. I'm no expert, but i'm willing to shoot over and hold the light or somthing!

Jay

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
very easy to do...on my computer in orlando i took pictures of like every step of my trd bigass install, if i go back home ill send them to you.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jam98tt said:
Hey Paul why not let rich do them?but they are pretty easy to do
Erven
I would let Rich do them, but I can't even drive over there since I still need to drill my CF hood for the hood pins, or my hood is going to fly off somewhere on 476 most likely.

Jay, any experience with this?

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
paul_c said:

Jay, any experience with this?
\

Nope, never put on sway bars - however, how hard can it be right?//?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Philly Single said:
\

Nope, never put on sway bars - however, how hard can it be right?//?
Jay, I meant any experience drilling into a carbon fiber hood to put in hood pins.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hey Paul,
I would come over and help you but i can so busy.i am trying to get a house ready to rent.maybe on Sunday i will let you know.
Cell 610-529-8146
Erven

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Erven, I didn't even order them yet, just getting prepared. Gotta put seats in next, actually.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Installing the swaybars is a piece of cake just don't over torque the bolts or they will brake like mine :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
HeyPaul,
Ok when you are ready let me know or when you can drive the car you could over or myself which everyis easier.
Erven

1 - 13 of 13 Posts