Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states i have a 91 supra turbo that is in the process of being built and im losing interest. I figured i would as you guys what i could get for it as is.

The Detials

Body:
Its a red targa. The paint could use some freshening and there are spots of rust that are eaisly fixale by a body man who knows what he is doing. The car is straight and has never been in an accident.

Motor
The 7M is currently sitting at the place where i work waiting to be assembled. It has been bored to fit over sized ross pistons. I have all arp hardware the motor. Exhaust, Intake, and turbo elbow all have been ported. The crank has been polished, rods balanced and i have all of the necessary gaskets ad bearings to finish the motor. Along with oil pump and all the sending units.

Turbo
The turbo is the orignal CT but has been uprgaded by Preformance Techniques with to the 60-1. Obviously the turbo has never been run since then.

It has four good tires and im sure im forgetting some stuff but what do you think i coudl get for her?

Thanks Jake

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
4,000 - 6,000 depends on your area but ill make you a offer you cant reject. ill give you my stock ct26 little shaft play with cash on top for the upgraded turbo if you sell it. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wouldn't go that high, the car isn't even running. Honestly, you'll only get what somebody is willing to pay. You can probably get 2000-3000 without the car running. If you finish up the engine then you can easily double the amount you can get.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would be happy with 3k if i could get that i guess. Im looking at another car for right around there. Anybody else have opinions on her?

Thanks

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
3k if you found the right person.. i would say more around 2k.. maybe if the motor was assembled a little more..

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Current state. . . $500-1k if you are lucky.
Running state assuming that motor is built with the mods you have. Then you are closer to $2k, maybe more if you find someone that is desperate for a Supra.
I wouldnt even touch one with an ounce of rust IMO.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Assemble the engine (or have it assembled) and get her up and running. The car's value will almost double. Then again, you might not want to sell it anymore once you've driven it again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like im gonna have to finish this thing unfortunatley. Oh well maybe i will fall in love with it again once its finished

jake

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
bandwagonpilot said:
If you're depressed about having a 91 red turbo/targa then you should just get your car away. Please.
if thats the case, Ill take the car and give it a good home for you. I woudn't mind building a nasty 7m just for fun. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im not depressed with the car itself its just taking way longer than what i thought to put the motor together and im getting sick of that but i will finish it and get it running then see if my opinion changes.

·
always watching
362 Posts
dude my 2j resto monster build is taking/is goin to take WAY longer then your build. trust me. just don't get depresses and stay the course. I've seen guys get mad and start doin whatever they need to do to get it running and start doin stuff cheap. just keep goin with the build the right way, and once you get to the point where stuff is starting to get rolling you'll like her again. the beginning is always hard cuz you don't see alot of positive progress, its all deconstuction and tear down, once the body work gets goin and the motor starts coming together, things get exciting. good luck

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Haha, get used to it. The 7m is addicting... but modding the 7m is even more addicting :D

I started out with a normal straight up build of a 7mge and moved onto the gte after that went wrong for the third time (stupid mechanics). The supra is a very rewarding car.

Just remember, as long as you throw money at her and give her all the lovin' she needs... it all work out :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good luck with the build. Just think of how much fun the car will be when you get it done. (that is the thing that keeps me going)

I have been working on and off with my rebuild since Summer / Fall of 2004. I blew a headgasket in / around the start of summer and did not even get to disassembling the block until the fall. (college + work sucks free time)

I have finally got the motor, tranny, and turbo rebuilt. I am putting on parts for my car that I bought in 2003 and had them sitting in my basement. (oversize valves, oversize valve guides, EBC, Unorthodox pulleys and cam gears, HKS ignition, etc.) Sometimes it just takes time and patience to get the car the way you want.

This car always gets me pissed off and wanting to kill it when stuff breaks and takes a ton of time to fix. In the end it is always worth it to have a classic japanese muscle car that is faster than the majority of cars on the road and cost a lot less even after upgrades.

I almost sold my car a few years ago when it wouldn't pass emissions and I am very glad that I did not.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
im telling you just sell me the turbo!

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
C44 said:
Just remember, as long as you throw money at her and give her all the lovin' she needs... it all work out :)
Sounds like a woman...

j/k!

I'm willing to bet that once it's finished, and you've had a chance to play with it, you'll wonder how you ever considered selling it. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts