Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Das Smurf
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to test my injectors, and im curious as to what ohms i should put the meter
on?
there stock injectors, im not sure what other info you guys would need to help me out.
let me know
thanks

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
It doesn't really matter what scale you set the digital multimeter to when you start. If the setting is to low to read the actual resistance, the meter will typically show you a 1 on the screen, which means it the measured resistance is above the range you have selected. You can simply turn the dial to the next higher resistance scale until the 1 disappears.

On the other hand, you can start on a high scale, like the 1K ohm range, and if the resistance is in the single digits, it will show .001 ohms, which converts to 1 ohm. Then you can go ahead and change the dial to a lower scale for a more accurate reading.

The most accurate readings will be made when the scale is closest to the measured resistance. All meters vary a little, but start at the lowest scale, and turn the dial up, if you need to, until you get a good reading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts