Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
RPS pressure plate and stock Toyco disc and flywheel. Otherwise known as the TRD clutch, or RPS stage 2.

I have had mine for nearly 3 years, as long as you don't slip it to death at the strip it will last a long time, hold 500+ rwt and, other than increased pedal pressure (which I like) it drives 100% like stock.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure you get this right because if you don't it will make your life miserable!!

Chris B. from Horsepowerfeaks wrote the tech article on MKIV for clutches. He has done a ton of Supra Clutches. When mine started going I wrote to him and he strongly recommended the ACT pressure plate with stock clutch disk and going with the original flywheel with a dry turn.

I trailered my car from Seattle and took it to him to get the job done. After it was installed we had a scary moment on the dyno (slipping), but this was simply due to it not having a chance to break in. It ended up grabbing on the next run and has been the best decision I've made. The car shifts like silk and other than how much harder the clutch pedal is to depress, I wouldn't even know it wasn't the OEM setup!

Hope this helps. If you have any doubts, contact Chris directly. He is a great guy!

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
RPS has less pedal preassure than the ACT. If your HP needs are 300-400 HP and you are going with a stock clutch, get the RPS preassure plate and stage 2 disk. ACT will work, but why work your leg out that hard? RPS preassure plate with stock, TRD or stage 2, all the same.

Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts