Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to spend a ton of money. Whats the best indash DVD / flip screen out there with out paying thousands of dollars. I saw Kenwood has one out that is not flip out but just a screen in teh dash that looks good. Has anyone seen this one or used it?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
i bought the alpine iva d300 its a 7 inch motorized touch screen.
Plays dvds....dvdmp3 discs...really couldnt ask for more. Plus it has a navigation addon that you have to buy seperately.
You can pick the screen up for like 1200 if you got a hookup

·
Registered
313 Posts
they are about $1000 on ebay right now...

are these units any good??
how are the new eclipse??

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
ive heard the new eclipse is decent. Never seen one in person or used one though.
Id go with the alpine. You know its a reputable name that most likely wouldnt fail.

·
C.T.H
573 Posts
My choice would be with the alpine as well. I've used and played with the Clarion, Pioneer, and a couple of off brands. Alpine seems to preform and last the best, while also being the easiest to use.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone ever bought one off Ebay? THey are on there for really cheap but there has to be a catch.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Indigo said:
Has anyone ever bought one off Ebay? THey are on there for really cheap but there has to be a catch.

I bought my last one Pioneer AVH-6500 dvd a while ago off ebay. Made sure it was from a private seller and everything looked legit, asked him for some other pictures than the ones he had posted, he was able to provide those and some other information, tied with good feedback the transaction went very smoothly.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm curious about that Kenwood one first mentioned too. Its the DDX-7015 I think. I've seen a pic somewhere around here of it sitting in the supra, and it looks slick and flush. But I haven't seen a pic with it on, or anything about its usability. Anyone know?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just happen to own the Kenwood 7015 double din unit.I love it.Picture quality is awesome and its easy to use.Furthermore it basically fits directly into the car with zero mods using the factory radio brackets.If you decide to get one I'm sure you will be happy with it.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
552 Posts
thats awesome. do you happen to have any pics of it installed or in use? how much and where did u get it for?
thanks.

·
Space for sale
983 Posts
I've got the Kenwood Excelon in-dash DVD player (the non-flip screen version). It works very well with the Supra.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thats great! Do any of you all happen to have pics that you could post up, and/or let me know what a good "deal" for getting one would be? Also, do you have, or is there, a handbrake bypass out there that works for it?
Thanks.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Khiladi1020 said:
Thats great! Do any of you all happen to have pics that you could post up, and/or let me know what a good "deal" for getting one would be? Also, do you have, or is there, a handbrake bypass out there that works for it?
Thanks.
The handbrake is just a switch that contains a negative voltage when pulled up. Wire the handbrake swithch to the frame of the car.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you buy off of ebay, make sure that the seller has a lot of "seller" feedback (not just buyer feedback). And it is always good to get insurance, so if anything happens, or even if it's DOA, you have at least one way to get your money back. (a lot of private seller don't offer refunds).

·
Banned
400 Posts
dont buy of ebay, said me a PM

ur in ST lois, i work at custom sounds here in san antonio texas. anyone in either st luis, texas, or who is near a custom sounds. i can get u them 10 % over cost :)

that kenwood ddx 7015 is the shit, its all the kvt-815 is in a double din version.

i can get u a ken ddx7015 NEW from custom sounds for 1200. leme know :)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
onefastsupra said:
dont buy of ebay, said me a PM

ur in ST lois, i work at custom sounds here in san antonio texas. anyone in either st luis, texas, or who is near a custom sounds. i can get u them 10 % over cost :)

that kenwood ddx 7015 is the shit, its all the kvt-815 is in a double din version.

i can get u a ken ddx7015 NEW from custom sounds for 1200. leme know :)
Thanks for the offer but I'm trying to pinch my pennies right now. I dumped $5,000 into Budwiser stock a few days ago hoping its going to make me a few bucks. I don't think spending $1200 on that Kenwood would be the best financial decision right now. It would be nice to have but its not really a necessity.

I will definatly keep u in mind though

·
Space for sale
983 Posts
To tell you the truth, having a DVD player in the supe isn't too beneficial unless you have excess money lying around + need a new headunit. I can only remember one time where i've actually watched a movie or played xbox.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts