Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Universal Ambassador ^*^
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a Toyota oil filter an OK filter to use, or are there filters out there that are better than others. Thankx everyone.......

·
Registered
155 Posts
Toyota filter Part# 90915-YZZD3 (FO-11) Good quality filter and it does not hurt your pocket too much.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Kwiktoy said:
Toyota filter is excellent. K&N or Mobil oil filters are also top quality items.
I thought all the new Toyota filters where paper and not cotton gauz like they used too be :scratch:

I've had problems with the K&N filter. It just leaked like a mofo no matter how tight I got it. Did the same thing too my friends altima too :faint:

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
ReI86 said:
I thought all the new Toyota filters where paper and not cotton gauz like they used too be :scratch:

I've had problems with the K&N filter. It just leaked like a mofo no matter how tight I got it. Did the same thing too my friends altima too :faint:

might be. luckly i have many older v8 ones (not for sale)

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
The new units are sealed up and pre-greased like they used to be. YZZB3 instead of YZZB5 or whatever. I just got some the other day at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Purolator PureOne is the top rated filter for SAE tests. I have used them in my Lexus and Supra. Easy to find, and priced right.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
Amsoil, for both oil and filter..

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Another Filter, if you have a relo. kit is the SRT-4 Filter. Same EXACT diameter but it's about 2"s longer then the stock 2JZ one.

Bryan

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
RRocket said:
Purolator PureOne is the top rated filter for SAE tests. I have used them in my Lexus and Supra. Easy to find, and priced right.
I generally only use either the PureOne or the Mobile 1s in my cars as well.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
I'm sure we all know this website with the Oil Filter Study.

If I remember right the wix filters are one of the best you can buy on the market.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts