Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have seen
1.6, 2.0 and 3.0 mm available

(I'm gonna avoid the double stcked TT headgasket method; too many people having problems with that. I don't wanna take the head off twice to do the gasket)

tough I don't see too many people here using 1.6, is there a reason why?

(my na-t will consist of the toyomoto stage 2 ~
with a t04e, smic, 440 injectors, lexus maf, will also be adding a afc2 + walboro)

I'm guessing 2.0 would be best for a mild na-t conversion....

I know I can get to 450rwhp with the above setup with out a thicker headgasket...
since 450rwhp is all I really want, should I even bother with the headgasket?

thanks
Ken

·
565rwhp Turbo Lexus
727 Posts
I am running a 2.0mm. If my motor ever decides it doesn't like me anymore, I am going to use my spare 1.6mm headgasket, as I don't think there is going to be much difference except a little higher compression of course.

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
TO4E will not get you 450rwhp with any kind of good results. 2.0mm will work fine, but 3.0 will add a bigger margen of safety with a loss of a few hp per psi.

·
Registered
441 Posts
and I donno if the 440cc will be enough for 450rwhp... I would go 525cc or 550cc but I donno if the lexus maf trick will work with the 525cc but if it does.. I have a vpc for sale then :p

Anyone know a good place to buy a ls400 maf?

Flipn

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
I would definitely get the 3mm, especially since you are being a little conservative/experimental with your fuel setup. You will probably detonate a few times trying to dial in your fuel delivery with a 3mm, but you will be popcorn city with a 2mm.

Just my 2 cents.

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
where to get a 2.0 headgasket? how much?

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
SSSUPRA said:
TO4E will not get you 450rwhp with any kind of good results. 2.0mm will work fine, but 3.0 will add a bigger margen of safety with a loss of a few hp per psi.
yes it will, it depends on the size of the wheel on the T04E. I did 427rwhp with a PT51(race gas), and i am moving to a TE63 (still TO4E compressor housing) to hopefully hit 450 on pump gas. And higher HP on race gas.

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Flipn said:
and I donno if the 440cc will be enough for 450rwhp... I would go 525cc or 550cc but I donno if the lexus maf trick will work with the 525cc but if it does.. I have a vpc for sale then :p

Anyone know a good place to buy a ls400 maf?

Flipn

..525cc's on mine with lexus maf works ok

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OOoooo, I wanna sell the 440's and get 525's now
I had searched through all the old threads, but everyone of those were skeptical of the 525's with the LExus MAF, or the poeple had problems with that setup, (though it was prolly something else causing the engine problems, and not the 525's)
Doh!
too late now,

btw: what brand/model number 525cc injectors are they??

thanks
Ken

·
Registered
265 Posts
You can reach 450 rwhp on 440's if the rest of the fuel system and tuning are sorted properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts