Supra Forums banner

What's the best stock Supra car cover??

5K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  JaguarXJ6 
#1 ·
I tried to search.. But we all know how good the search engine here is- but basically my cover right now is too big, have had it for many years, and everytime I lift it off the car it leaves too much lint and shit. On days when its windy and I leave my garage door open it always gets loose and moves from side to side.

Any recommendations on a decent soft cover that fit a stock bodied supra (wing a stock wing) like a glove, thats also offers some sort of protection from everyday garage traffic?

#2 ·
I have this one and it's pretty damn good:

#5 ·
#10 ·
green banana,
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind and go for a warranty replacement if I see any problem. Lately I've been keeping mine inside the garage so for me stress tears are more likely than sun damage.

#11 ·
I've used Weathershield (and Nextec) covers for the last 10 years. If you put it on when the car is dirty, it will scratch your paint. If you put the cover on correctly when the car is clean and waxed or after being quick detailed, it won't scratch your paint.

You can find my thread here in the detailing forum if it's not deleted/purged with clean-up pics of my Baltic and it still looks like that. I drive to work, quick detail it, cover, drive home, park in the garage and either quick detail and cover or leave uncovered for the next trip. Yeah that's a pain in the ass but you know what, spend 12 hours detailing you appreciate what a difference 5 minutes makes to keeping the car looking fantastic 24/7...

#12 ·
i just got a california cover, granted, its for my desoto, not my supra, but im very impressed with it and it has been in some shitty weather lately and is working like a charm. im not sure if its common, but when i took it on and off, it gives me a static shot that makes my nuts jump up inside my rib cage !!!

#18 ·
Over the course of years, you're also protecting your interior and paint from UV, etching and if you are worried about scratching your fine wax (who runs their Supra without a few good coats) skip using a cover.

As a borderline pro detailer, there is nothing wrong with using a cover. If you don't know much about paint care or aren't already regularly quick detailing, I advise you go without a cover.

Taken this morning at the office.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?608318

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.