Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do you tell if your Hi stall has gone bad ,I have a PI 4200 stalland BL box ,im seeing hi trans temps as soon as i get on the throttle and it never seems to lock the car just hits hi rpms and sorta builds speed (very quickly !!) manually looked and cruising at 100mph temps are 160 but rise to 210 (converter un locked) in the pan when going for it or is that ok?? I have 3 coolers one of which has a fan on it .
When doing some top speed runs for a magazine it did appear to lock its self but at very high speeds (over 175) This was on the stock ECU but have just fitted a AEM .

Dude

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
Is there a lot of clutch material in your pan/screen (metalic looking)? Where these high speed runs done at WOT and with the convertor locked-up?

Brad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
banton said:
Is there a lot of clutch material in your pan/screen (metalic looking)? Where these high speed runs done at WOT and with the convertor locked-up?

Brad

Converter was unlocked , i only lock when cruising on the freeway and to cool the box , the fluid looks like new .

Dude

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
Turbo size? Is this a Toyota tranny? Do your RPM's seem to flash much higher then they use to? The 210F is higher, but not too concerning if you are only seeing that peak temp while getting on it and it is cooling back down following the run (and you change your fluid often). When my TC failed, I was seeing up to 220F for just normal driving and if I did hit it, my rpms would fly up to about 7k and just sit there. And this was just with a 67mm, 3600 stall on low boost.

This is speculation, but if you are running a large turbo/high-boost on a Toyota-based tranny/TC, you might just be over-powering.

Brad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
banton said:
Turbo size? Is this a Toyota tranny? Do your RPM's seem to flash much higher then they use to? The 210F is higher, but not too concerning if you are only seeing that peak temp while getting on it and it is cooling back down following the run (and you change your fluid often). When my TC failed, I was seeing up to 220F for just normal driving and if I did hit it, my rpms would fly up to about 7k and just sit there. And this was just with a 67mm, 3600 stall on low boost.

This is speculation, but if you are running a large turbo/high-boost on a Toyota-based tranny/TC, you might just be over-powering.

Brad

Its a BL built toyota box , and i have a GTS 74 turbo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts