Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using Steve's Guide is a little iffy. Cause I know from real life experience Steve's guide is just a guideleine. It has been proven wrong.

I was looking at these wheels off tirerack. I'm buying new ones soon as I just sold my Volks.

http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?target=wheelSearchCloseUp&wheelIndex=20&sizeIndex=0&showRear=yes&setIndex=4&filterSize=18&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=Pricing&colorInd=7

It says it's:
18x9 +44
18x10 +37

Steve's guide says I can use 255/35/18 (fronts) and 265/35/18 (rears). I don't feel comfortable with that. I'll prob go with 245's in the front, but might do 255 if it seems ok. Also I would like to have 285's in the rear to balance the 255's in the fronts.

Any thoughts?

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
655 Posts
I've run 285 before with cutting/rolling the fender, but I had different offsets that the wheels that you're looking at (Mine were +45 18x10 in the rear)....

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
255/35R18 will be fine in the front, but the rear offset will be VERY restrictive unless you cut your fender. The most you can run is a 265/35R18. If you don't drive your car hard in the turns or hit a big bump than 275's will only rub occassionally.

I am glad you mentioned my guide is a guideline. There is no way I could know the actually dimision of every brand of tire (all 275's ARE NOT the same width). Also people run different alignments and drive their cars differently.

Later, Steve

Reactions: MDSUPERSTAR

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Michael. I didn't want to roll my fenders at first either (if you saw my other thread), but it's really not hard at all. Just roll the fenders and you can get some sick wide tires on there. :bigok:

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Xenon Supra said:
Michael. I didn't want to roll my fenders at first either (if you saw my other thread), but it's really not hard at all. Just roll the fenders and you can get some sick wide tires on there. :bigok:

Yea, why not, lol. I found this online site that rents it for 50 + shipping, but you only have 3 days with the tool. Anyone know elsewhere that'll rent it out (for not an arm and a leg? Keep in mind this tool is only 300 total) and give me a little more time?

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
michaelvanle said:
Yea, why not, lol. I found this online site that rents it for 50 + shipping, but you only have 3 days with the tool. Anyone know elsewhere that'll rent it out (for not an arm and a leg? Keep in mind this tool is only 300 total) and give me a little more time?

There is a tool for this??? Sweet. What exactly did you search for? I'll keep my eye out and let ya know what I find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts