Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the diameter size of Cone filter connection

I'm going with a Cone filter and Costum made box for it,

Just one Q, when I remove the stock airbox and want to fit the Cone Airfilter to the hose there what size is it, heard it's 3 1/4 inch from someone and 3 inch from someone...

Don't want to remove everything to check and then put everything together again for driving to the shop buying universal cone filter.

Anybody knows for sure?

//thanks
':cool: :cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Get a cone with a 3" inlet. It'll bolt right up to the MAS. I have a 9" cone with a ~3 1/4" inlet and I just tighten'd it till it would stay. It looks better than most of the little K&N's people put on their cars. I think I have the part# for it. If I find it I'll post the #

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cone filter

Thank's Brad,

I'll buy a cone one but not a KN filter like yours but a JR filter sold here, very much the same looks.

you said 9" is that the length or the diameter of cone?

Will a 8,5" diameter and 8" long Cone filter give me enough air? :rolleyes:

Did you just bolt yours on or did U use a bend first to get it closer to the headlight?

Thx
:cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Its 9" long. You cant get an 8" inlet cause it wont fit on the MAS. The 9" cone I have is just bolted too the MAS.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wrong explanation by me

Brad,

I didn't ment 8" connection, I´m gonna use 3" connection but the Cone is 8" wide at it's widest and about 8,5" long that's what I ment....hope you understand me...my english isn´t perfect :p

how wide is your 9" long cone, I guess it's not 3 1/4 wide at it's widest, just that that is the connection diameter...right?

If you're filter is about 8-9" wide and 9" long I guess mine will be just as good as yours....I'm aiming for going BPU and about 400Rwhp......

Thx

:peace: :cool: :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts