Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
11,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to make my own radiator show plate. Suprastore and shit is selling them for $65. I think it's too much for a piece of aluminum. I just need the dimension of it. My dad works in a machine shop and can cut me out some if given the dimensions.

I can mass produce it if you guys are interested. It'll just be aluminum or whatever the fuck his shop uses. It won't be polished though.

-----

Edit; can someone verify this measurement?

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
648 Posts
I'd buy one if it's a decent price...like you said, it's just a piece of aluminum and most of the ones around are way too over-priced. One easy way of getting the dimensions is making a cardboard template...

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Yeah, I plan to do the same whenever I find someone with a plate, or I'll just make up my own... also, I'll polish mine too. It'll be the easiest thing I've polished :D

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
you can trace mine, but you'd have to drive here. I have the HPF unit.
Be a pall... trace it for us, scan it and post it!

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
I got a couple of these laying aroud somewhere. I just went and looked and couldnt find em. I was in a hurry tho, since im leaving in a few minutes. Anyways, later on today i'll find em and give ya the measurements. Unless someone else already has.

*edit* Why dont you just measure the space from alittle past each radiator bracket , and the width, and make the piece from that?

John

·
11,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DaSupra said:

*edit* Why dont you just measure the space from alittle past each radiator bracket , and the width, and make the piece from that?

John
I was thinking of doing that, but I guess I want to be more precise.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Sorry, I have no scanner and I can't really justify going to kinkos and all to get it scanned. Too much of a hassle for me. I'm taking mine off to repolish again so I'll take measurements.

Supra SONIC said:
Be a pall... trace it for us, scan it and post it!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts