Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like the title says, whats the going price for a pair of original HKS gt2835 turbos that would need to be rebuilt? Just the turbos, not the complete HKS twin turbo kit.

·
Super Moderator
10,705 Posts
There is no "going price" per se for these turbos. It used to be conventional wisdom said HKS DBB turbos could not be rebuilt, either because of the unavailability of parts and/or the expense of the rebuild. Today, I am told by my turbo consultant parts availability is not an issue and the price for a rebuild is approximately $500.

A proper rebuild would, essentially, take the miles on the unit back to zero, so to speak, but those thinking an as-new sales price could be in order will be disappointed, IMO, since such a price would easily make other NIB turbos available to the buyer.

Also, without a COMPLETE HKS twins set-up kit, the turbos, even rebuilt, are of somewhat limited value. If you are selling a complete HKS GT2835 kit, that is something potentially of value to an HKS freak like me. Since Garrett-Japan is no longer HKS' partner, the old school, period-correct Garrett/ HKS turbos have value to someone like me even though those turbos may not have the spool, transient response and power production of newer turbos, particularly those from PTE.

All that said, I would contact [email protected] Lab to get his professional opinion on pricing assuming a complete HKS twins set-up kit and also assuming the turbos being marketed separately from the set-up kit.

Ken.

Reactions: DaTaSPiKe

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Ken, I have 2 HKS GT2835 kits minus the original turbos. One kit is complete and has a custom 61mm setup I bought from Boostedblue24 here on the forums many years ago. The other kit doesn't have turbos and is only missing the pipe that connects the two headers. A pair of GT2835 turbos that need to be rebuilt have come up for sale and I'm trying to find a price to offer the seller.

Steven

·
Super Moderator
10,705 Posts
Steven,

If it's important to you, discerning the A/R ratio of the turbos you are considering purchasing should be a factor in your decision making. The turbos came with three A/R ratios, 0.63, 0.73 and 0.87. For guys looking for the most responsive set-up, the obvious choice is the turbos with a 0.63 A/R. If maximum power is your goal, then the 0.87 turbos is your cup of tea.

Best of luck with this.

Ken.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts