Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What in your opinion is the Epic car from each manufacturer? Which is their best product to date? You can name a whole model, a specific generation or even specific year, model and package.

Some of mine....

Mazda = Miata, especially the 90-97's
Eagle/Mitsu = Talon/Eclipse 1G especially
Chevy = Corvette obviously
Ferrari = 250GTO
Lambo = Miura
Ford = toss up between the Model T, GT40 and Mustang
Olds = 442
Buick = GNX
Bugatti = Type 51's and Veyron for sheer absurdity
Alfa = 8C 2900's
Aston = DB9
MB = 55 300SL Gullwing Coupe
Toyota = Supra (duh)

Thats enough for now - I'll post more as I think of them

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
Subaru: Impreza STi
Plymouth: Cuda
Dodge: Charger
Honda: Anything with a Type R badge :bigthumb: or NSX
Nissan: Skyline, and not just for the fanboys, but for being the longest continuous production of any product model in their lineup.
Hyundai: Tiburon...lol

I think people in Asia may disagree with the Talon/Eclipse. I think they'd be more apt to name the EVO as it has much more of a racing pedigree history with it than anything else they ever made.

I'd have to say Aston's car would be the DB5, made famous by the Bond movies.

You definitely have the 300sl right as the Mercedes icon, that thing is historic x200!

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
Car or product? If it's product I will disagree with your Supra choice for Toyota and say Toyota = Landcruiser. It's the fartherest reaching and longest running model and Toyota may not exist in North America today if not for the LC, that = epic for me. The Supra is the fastest, but had a small impact and following comparitively.

I may also disagree on Ford and say the F150 is their claim to fame. It ain't pretty, and it ain't exciting, but without it Ford's goose would have been cooked many times over. Depends how teh Wob defines "epic."

Hmm what's something you don't have on there....

AMC = AMX (or AMX III if we're not talking strictly production)
Datsun = 510
BMW = 2002

·
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
epic is how you define it.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
My definition of epic is the one I would like to own the most out of all models:

Toyota: Supra MKIV
Mazda: RX7 FD (ZOMG GOT 2 with v8s)
Ford: F350 diesel, non dually (OMFG 20k lbs towing)
Dodge: Challenger from early 70s
Nissan: R34 duh
Land Rover: Range Rover Sport
Bugatti: Veyron
Lamborghini: Diablo
Chevrolet: C6 Z06
Honda: NSX
Porsche: Carrera GT
Ferrari: 612
Aston Martin: DB9
Jaguar: XJ220
Mitsubishi: EVO 6
Subaru: WRX STI

·
shotaro kaneda
2,047 Posts
!^3 said:
Nissan: Skyline, and not just for the fanboys, but for being the longest continuous production of any product model in their lineup.
so all those races they won and records they set aren't all that important? :ugh2:

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
kaneda said:
so all those races they won and records they set aren't all that important? :ugh2:
Of course it is. But a lot of iconic cars made by various manufacturers were produced for only a short run and never replaced. Nissan has been producing a vehicle called a "Skyline" since the late '50's, either through Prince Motors or in-house. Last I checked, the only other vehicles that can claim a similar run are the Chevrolet Corvette, Ford Mustang, and the Mercedes 6-series. That is pretty darn impressive for a Japanese company, given how late in the automotive game they have entered compared to most big companies who entered ~50+ years before Nissan. :)

·
NFA Pimp
2,734 Posts
Toyota: I know some will laugh, but I say the Corolla. It is the #1 selling car of all time in the WORLD.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Nissan/Datsun has GOT to be the 240Z. It redefined sport cars.

·
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ryan P said:
Nissan/Datsun has GOT to be the 240Z. It redefined sport cars.
agreed, although its roots are in the 2000GT though. - but the 240 made it for Datsun

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Though the Supra was amazing, I wouldn't consider tit to be 'epic', not even close (I love the Supra more than anything so don't think I am hating)

The car that deserves the title EPIC - the original Japanese exotic - the original Japanese supercar - the car that shattered the view of not only Toyota, but of the Japanese car industry!!!!!!
Behold, the almighty

edit: I see some semantical arguments, so I will define epic - the most impressive.

·
rip supra, new car soon
786 Posts
Toyota 2000 gt ftmfw! it's near impossible to get your hands on one and it'll cost you an arm and a leg, and you have to sacrifice your first born.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
suprasmakemesmile said:
Toyota 2000 gt ftmfw! it's near impossible to get your hands on one and it'll cost you an arm and a leg, and you have to sacrifice your first born.

I would eat smegma for one. 2000gt = love of my life.

·
Registered
544 Posts
kaneda said:
i'd say the GT-One is more epic. literally priceless, fast as hell, only 2 road cars were ever made (and something like 6 race cars), damn near won le mans twice, and it changed the face of GT/prototype racing and construction.
Wernt they just called the GT 40 during Le Mans ?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
suprasmakemesmile said:
well... yes i do, that's why I asked....
It is a special kind of cheese.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts