Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No Excuses..!
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering dropping a 2j in my SC and taking out my 1j.
I have a jdm 2j in mind, I wanted to know what is the more power you can get from the twins ..... safely?
And what would it take?

·
Registered
523 Posts
a member has put out right around 500rwhp (stu?) on his 2j-gte engine but it takes A LOT. most likely you're looking low 400s i would say.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
With easy bolt on stuff (not modifying the turbos, no external wastegates or morting the manifold, etc.), and 93, you can get upwards of 450WHP.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
....I have a jdm 2j in mind, I wanted to know what is the more power you can get from the twins ..... safely?...
With easy bolt on stuff (not modifying the turbos, no external wastegates or morting the manifold, etc.), and 93, you can get upwards of 450WHP.
I don't know if you can "safely" push the JDM ceramic wheel turbos much over 16psi and expect them to last. So I would draw the line at under 400whp for the JDM turbo setup.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
93 octane and 450RWHP may be a little optimistic. Possible, but not likely. But very possible to do some engine damage with that much boost (to make 450whp on stock twins, you're looking at 20lbs+) and 93oct.

IMHO, the key factors to making good power on stock twins (in regards to USDM TT), is a healthy motor, and healthy stock TT system (on boost leaks, etc) + high boost, and sufficient octane so that the ECU does not pull any timing.

Here's a good thread in the dyno section:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427097

·
No Excuses..!
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
93 octane and 450RWHP may be a little optimistic. Possible, but not likely. But very possible to do some engine damage with that much boost (to make 450whp on stock twins, you're looking at 20lbs+) and 93oct.

IMHO, the key factors to making good power on stock twins (in regards to USDM TT), is a healthy motor, and healthy stock TT system (on boost leaks, etc) + high boost, and sufficient octane so that the ECU does not pull any timing.

Here's a good thread in the dyno section:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427097
Thanks... It's somewhat what I was thinking..... I'll just put the single on from the get-go and be done with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts