Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know people use the 2jz block for more displacement but if your gonna do that why not just go with a 2jz from the beginning??

·
2,279 Posts
Doing a 1.5JZ over here is retarded. They do it in japan because once they blow the 1JZ bottom end or get high miles on it, it's cheaper to replace with a 2J block.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
so do they use 2jz ge blocks? cuz iw ould think theres more 1jz's there due to the amount of cars the 1jz comes in... Or do they just figure, meh might as well get some more torque?

Ang

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
....the reason for the 1.5JZ in japan is NOT because of the price of the block

back in the days when the 2jz first came out and standalones were in their relatively infant stages compared to now, it was easier to drop in a 2JZ block because there was no rewiring of harness that needed to be done.

with people in japan having alot of experiences wiring up standalones and stuff, dropping a 2JZ became less of a hassle than in the early to mid 90's. That's why you see alot of A70 supras in Japan with 2JZ's in them now from the tuners. also, the jza70 already had the firewall banged in for the rear turbos so a 2jz fits in much better than in the lhd ma70's.

price wasn't the factor...convenience was.

melloboy

·
Registered
329 Posts
the jza70 already had the firewall banged in for the rear turbos so a 2jz fits in much better than in the lhd ma70's.
Wasn't "already banged in" it was designed like that, it's called RHD, we have the aircon and heater on the other side of the car. You can take a RHD 86.5 mk3 and put a 2JZ in it no problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sigh...
"already banged in" is a figure of speach.read my post.
Did i not say the JZA70 fits in a 2JZ much better than a LHD MA70? JZA70's are RHD.

melloboy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
woop...mike,
Saturday I'm free from 9-5pm if you guys are done with the swap. i'll be at the base working on my swap...lenny knows how to get there if you guys want to come :)

melloboy

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
its been said that the 1jz head flows better and is a perfect match for the 2jzgte block..but no flow tests have been posted...so yea

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Its not better or worse, each head is suited for its bottom end. I think the reason its popular on mkivs is because there are more 1jz's available, and the support is the same. As for mk3s, well ppl want more displacement, and its an easy swap. I doubt they use GE blocks due to the custom oil lines needed and no oil squirters, compression and overall durability.

Ang

·
Registered
329 Posts
MelloBoy said:
sigh...
"already banged in" is a figure of speach.read my post.
Did i not say the JZA70 fits in a 2JZ much better than a LHD MA70? JZA70's are RHD.

melloboy
Oh I did read your post, this is the point as to why I'm bitching about it. Your bad english or bad choice in words.

To quote you
" the jza70 already had the firewall banged in for the rear turbos so a 2jz fits in much better than in the lhd ma70's"

The JZA70 never had the firewall banged in. Farely simple correction for an error in statement.

BTW: I have a JZA70.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so tell me why, then that the JZA70 clip i have has the firewall pushed back into the cabin where the rear turbo is. and don't tell me that someone took a hammer and did it after they got the clip because it looks like it was done at the factory whether it was molded or folded or whatever the robots do at the factory.

melloboy

·
Registered
329 Posts
That is what I am saying mate. It's not BANGED in. To say " the jza70 already had the firewall banged in for the rear turbos so a 2jz fits in much better than in the lhd ma70's" implies that someone has banged it in. It's not, it's only because us RHD countries have the A/C on the other side of the car and there is no lump there like on LHD. :rollseyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts