Supra Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Btw, was your 280kmh speedo from a RHD? Did all the lights for the belt/e-brake/ match?
I just finished installing my Blitz a few hours ago and it was a MAJOR pita to install.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
You managed to get a Blitz eh? Nice. :)

But no, mine was from a LHD Supra. The e-brake light matched, but the belt one didn't. In Switzerland (where I got the speedo from), they had a light for if the hazards were on right there, so it's just a triangle.

I think I'm going to hook it up so it works like their's did in Switzerland for my car. Don't want it showing the wrong thing ;).

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah, Mello is the man! :)

For Blitz i had to first switch the arms for the trip meter, as it was on the wrong side. Had to drill a couple of holes and plug one too. Not too bad, took me a couple of hours to take everything apart and switch them.

But the lights were much worse. Original speedo had E brake - no light - seat belt, and the blitz had Seat belt - E brake - some unknown light. I had the cut/drill/soldier lots of shit on the back to reroute the circuits on the back to make the light bulbs work right. The stock circuit board is a MAJOR pita to soldier because it melts right away as soon as u touch it with something hot.

The whole process took me over 6 hours, and what i got in return is a speedo thats way off. (but it does look cool :) )I didnt get a chance to test it yet, but the mechanism on it looks identical to the stock one, so i think the rumors about this speedo having it's own special mechanism and drive gear are BS. I'm going to have to get a custom drive gear made to make it accurate, or get some 18" wheels :)

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
What you need to do is check the accuracy of the odometer, that will tell you whether the driven gear or wheels need to be changed, or if the speedometer needs to be recalibrated.

My 280km/h one used to read about 12% too fast when I put it in at first, but after I adjusted the calibration lever, I was able to get it to read correctly. :)

(All Toyota's use the same odometer calibration, 1026revs = 1km, hence, they all have the same speedometer calibration from the factory. Blitz would know this, heh.)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts