Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i was just wondering....i am changing the rear tires on the car...what is the widest size tires you guys can run with the car being lowered and still not rub the fenders? i know the stock is 255/45/17....has anyone ever tried going wider with no problem? and if so what size?

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
hey man...i have 285's in the back.....on the stock wheels...i have heard of people goin wider but....no use in it cause..its not gonna look any wider n will perform like shyt....i think 285's r ure size!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have problems with your 285 rubbing your fender? is your car lowered...i was thinking about running the 275 to be on the safe side...

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Dude, use the damn search button. This is like a broken record that appears weekly. BTW I had 315 DR's on the rears, but I dont reccomend them.

Jason

·
Undefinable
968 Posts
I recently put 275/40s on my rear wheels. So far I like them and while they are close (haven't cut or rolled the fender lips yet) they don't rub.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
a local guy here has 315's on the stockies, he didnt say he has any problems.

i was looking to going wider for my DR's but my fenders are rolled, so i hvae more options

if you dont roll your fenders, stick with 275's you will have plenty of clearance

·
Very Senior Member
9,963 Posts
808mkiv2jzgte said:
ok...i was just wondering....i am changing the rear tires on the car...what is the widest size tires you guys can run with the car being lowered and still not rub the fenders? i know the stock is 255/45/17....has anyone ever tried going wider with no problem? and if so what size?
Why do you want wider tires?
Go to 275 rears and you have a nice size and good selection.
You won't get more traction with wider tires, unless you change the weight distribution.

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
Re: Re: What's the widest tires you can use on the stock wheels?

VickSupra said:
Why do you want wider tires?
Go to 275 rears and you have a nice size and good selection.
You won't get more traction with wider tires, unless you change the weight distribution.
Just about to ask....what will you be using the tires for?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts