Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
641 Posts
i dont think anything will happen as my can ever had one... I found out that piece existed while at the junk yard. I think it may have only come on turbos and the N/A sport packages because i have a base model N/A... unless some previous owner just took it off... i ran my car for a year without it. i think its probably just some extra brace. there are a few other random parts like that, that are not on my car that i have seen on othe sport packages just FYI

· I'll nevAr go single!
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, it was on my car but I toook it off when dropping the new engine/trans, but cant find the bolts for it, been driving without, seems to be fine, just wanted to be sure though.

· Registered
1,881 Posts
It's on pre and post '89s. You can run without a sway bar too but you wouldn't like how your car handled. It's there for a purpose. You might not feel any differences now but if you had to do an avoidance maneuver that involved hard high speed cornering, you just might miss it. Some things aren't for just smooth steady driving do don't make judgements on parts that may not come into play until your safety is at risk. If you don't know, don't redesign.

Drive safely
Will

· Super Moderator
14,036 Posts
tunaman said:
you can buy a replacement for that from jic that's supposed to make it a little stiffer than stock.
The JIC bar doesn't replace that bar, it augments it. It bolts to the rear bolts on the lower A-arm not to the mounting points for that bar directly on the subframe.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.