Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 94 TT 6 speed with 39,xxx miles on it. it's bone stock. what do you think it's worth? thanks

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history. This is an exceptional vehicle.

Private Party Value $17,160

To get the price:

Take KBB: 17k at least... with leather, roof, etc... maybe 17.5k
Add: 5k because of supply and demand
Add: 2k because some owner wants to stiff you

=a 17k car worth 23-25k

·
Registered
284 Posts
A friend on the baord has a friend with a 94 6speed blk/tan stock except for a real ab flug hood painted to match with some konig wheels and a momo steering wheels. It has 38802k mi. and he is asking $34k you tell me what you guys think..

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
bs

I think it is bs. I can't believe supras are being sold so high above kbb. No one should pay 15k over kbb just because of demand. Plus, don't get me wrong, I want a Supra or RX7 more than anything, but the Supra isn't a sports car; it is a hatchback-coupe. Personally, I wouldn't pay for a fad priced 15k over kbb.

Buy an FD for 10k and put 15k-20k into an engine and upgrades to get 700-900hp instead of getting a heavier Supra with only 320 stock hp.

If I am missing something, please fill me in.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think that is a little high the milage is really good for the year but you could buy a 97-98 with that milage for 34-45 why pay so much I would pay $26 tops for a 94 good luck

R

·
0 Posts
Suprascene.com said:
A friend on the baord has a friend with a 94 6speed blk/tan stock except for a real ab flug hood painted to match with some konig wheels and a momo steering wheels. It has 38802k mi. and he is asking $34k you tell me what you guys think..
Was this car purcahsed from a cop in NY?...just curious..

·
Registered
284 Posts
WishdIHdSupra
That's what I'm saying the guy in my story wants two times what the blue book price is and 2K more, while he paid 23K for the car which is just right maybe even a bit low. I believe the car is worth 21-25 maybe 26 if someone was willing to go that high but the financial aid will come tough by that high. The reason most people fall through now a days is because no finance company understands what’s happening. Supra owners rape future supra owners on price just because they can.

For the few supras out there, there are some dumb fucks that will pay 2X the blue book estimate just to get the car. With that being said that means the people who should own the cars or really deserve them, or even just people who want one can’t get them because of this ridiculous overpricing..

Raja
I believe I heard of a cop in the story.

·
Retired Admin
597 Posts
$26,500

I have a 97 but it's high mileage. It might be worth $27k, maybe more in today's market.

It's a "fair" deal but if you can wait it out (which most can't) then you might save a few thousand bucks.

To those who have a problem with supra pricing: if you can't afford it or aren't willing to pay, buy something else.

Brittany

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Hit the nail on the head

You got it right. I am one of those people who are willing to wait it out. Once the car is not on demand anymore I will pick one up.

Once again, I was just saying that it supprises me that in a time of recession people are still able to sell a 93 Supra TT (for example) with around 100k miles and almost 10 years on the body for around $20k.:confused:

Ya, I say, "got the money, spend it where you want", but nevertheless, it is sad when I see people not getting their money's worth (getting screwed, even if they don't know it) especially in a recession and when the main buyers of these vehicles are teens and people in their twenties, probably with less money than they think they have. Can't say how many adds for cars I've seen being sold when some guy gets laid off and has to sell his car to keep his house.

Just looking out for the innocent little guy.

S

·
0 Posts
heh sadly heres what the damn thing costs new:

so maybe ur getting a better deal then u think

also if u cant read it... i think it says something around $52,000+ , so since they arent made anymore, are one of the best looking import cars ever made, i dont see why ppl make such a fuss about paying a lot for them...

Rob~

o ya and in a recent import mag they took 10 cars and did 10 tests with them... the supra placed 2nd behind the ferrari... and since ferraris are kinda outta the supra's range its obvious that the supra is worth the money. I mean it was only like a few points from being in first ranking up with a 200k$ + car...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well from what I've noticed is this...Most private sellers are asking allot more for the car. They know how much people are wanting them. However I've noticed that at used car dealers...I still have yet to see more than two at a dealer...they are lower. I mean if you take a print out to a dealer that says 19k for a 1994 6spd and he has the hole supply and demand thing to 25k ...dealers are more than likely gonna drop the price knowing they didnt give jack for it on trade in. Oh well thats just my 02 cents..I'm also in the market for a supra. However more than just that is the insurance for a 23 year old driver ouch...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: bs

WishdIHdSupra said:
I think it is bs. I can't believe supras are being sold so high above kbb. No one should pay 15k over kbb just because of demand. Plus, don't get me wrong, I want a Supra or RX7 more than anything, but the Supra isn't a sports car; it is a hatchback-coupe. Personally, I wouldn't pay for a fad [Supra with only 320 stock hp] priced 15k over kbb.

If I am missing something, please fill me in.
I'd be glad to fill you in! It's not bs as far as the prices that Supras are fetching. You're telling me that if you had a Supra and you were looking to sell it, you wouldn't try to maximize your earnings based upon the demand? Don't ever open your own business!

"the Supra isn't a sports car, it is a hatchback coupe...with only 320hp"?!? Compare it to what you have...NOTHING!!! Because a car has a hatchback does not disqualify it from being a sports car i.e. PORSCHE 928GTS (but then again, it only has 375hp!).

And, as far as you considering the Supra a "fad" you only feel this way b/c you'll be 30-years-old by the time you can afford one at a price you see reasonable according to your bible...Kelley Blue Book.

Keep wishing for a Supra, buddy! Maybe a Hyundai Tiburon is more in your league.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts