Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do supras have such high traps? like walser he ran like a 9 something at 153mph. and Rob rayner ran like a 9 something at like 138mph in his turbo ls1 camaro, then again he only had 707rwhp.. is that the reason? I also read of a turbo buick that ran a [email protected] 140 now that trap was low compared to supras. does it have to do with the fact that they are inline, or is it just that Rob doesnt have 900 hp? if you dont know who rob is you can find his car here http://www.ls1motorsports.com, also what tires do you 6,7,8 and 900 hp guys use on the streets? what does walser use?.. thanks.

·
Money Talks...
528 Posts
High trap = High HP. Turbo Buicks make killer torque and launch really well. I saw one TB that made around 400rwhp but 545rwtq, which gives it the ability to come out really hard but then it kinda dies. I think I'm right, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the weight of the supra that cause it to start off slow.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Traps are high relative to ET mainly due to the difficulty of getting good 60' times with the stock IRS, it takes a very good driver to launch a car that makes substantial torque at high RPM, tough to modulate.

Supras can easily make the kind of power you seldom see other than in purpose built drag cars. But, very few if any owners want to chop their car up to install a 4-link and mini tubs, preferring instead to retain the handling and high speed stability that make the car so much fun to drive on the street.

Also, there are more than a few Supras that can make far more power than they can hook up from a stop (due to the reasons above) so you may see a very high dyno number, but the owner ran the car at the track with less power.

Some of the answers given by others in this thread are misinformed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts