Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is everyone going with the 2j? Makes it seem like the 1j is not good enough. explain

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
cause the 2J is just better LOL

when you can throw an intake an exhaust and turn the boost up and tune it SLIGHTLY and run a 12.6 @ 113 on stock twins THEN the 1J will be better than the 2J....

i have the 1J now it was more of a stepping stone.....now i have the harness done, FW, bellhousing tranny everything i need. just need to get a 2J long block which will be coming along in about 6-8 months from now. then i will be 2J as well.

think of it as this.........in domestic terms.....the 1J is a 3rd gen camaros 305 tuned port injection.......and the 2J is the C6 Z06 LS7.....

just my opinion and im sure i'll get flamed for it but the 2J is just more superior....take it or leave it but thats my .02

·
Banned
5,941 Posts

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
f this jz poop.. lsx

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Also the 2JZ is a very easy engine to put into the MK3 with very little modifications:).

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
22re f lyfe.

~scott

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
So many more parts and easier to make power on a 2JZ.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Why is everyone going with the 2j? Makes it seem like the 1j is not good enough. explain
its a superior motor....what is there to explain? 3L will overpower 2.5L....where is the complication in all of that?

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
its a superior motor....what is there to explain? 3L will overpower 2.5L....where is the complication in all of that?
I agree... It's not a very complicated concept. The 2JZ-GTE is to the 1JZ-GTE as the 1JZ-GTE is to the 7M-GTE- Natural evolution that made a better engine.

Collin

·
KBR
2,910 Posts
2JZ all the way baby!! thats why I like the MKIV's.. not just for its looks, but its because of the 2JZ "no shit!?.." engine. and its by far THE BEST 3.0L I-6 Twin Turbo engine ever made period! (no offense to the 7M's, 1J's, .. even RB26's.. etc, etc..) but if we all know in the world of High Horsepower Import Cars, the 2JZGTE reigns supreme in all aspects of engineering. whether its a stock BPU'd Twin Turbo with hella miles or a fully built APU'd Single Turbo, the 2JZ is THE KING.

where can you find a stock long block 3.0L I-6 engine capable of handling well over 800-950 RWHP??? fully APU'd +++++ on a stock ass block, head & valvetrain???

only on the 2JZGTE mayn :)

anywayz, probably in the next 2 yrs. I'll be droppin a 2JZGTE on my MA70 and get a MKIV-tt as well :)

aite, peace.

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
well the 1jz just doesn't make as much power as easily. It's stock intake manifold is crappy and the stock cams flow less air. By the time you upgrade both (HKS and JUN cams are $$$ and so is a Intake mani) you could have just gotten a 2jz and made more power.

that being said, there's not enough 1.5jzs out there. It will be interesting to see how the GE block swap works out on the cheap side ($500 used usually). The extra .5L will help a lot, along with 264 cams and an intake manifold.

What there NEEDS to be... is a complete Toyota ECU hack. Just how most of the OBDI and earlier Nissan ECUs are completely hacked (mine has a custom daughterboard that I installed and burnt EEPROMs for). Toyotas need this option; so we can have a cheaper option for those that don't quite want to go all the way. MKIII owners aren't known for their big spending like the MKIV owners are; so there won't be much R&D and test/tune on the 1jz until there's a cheaper ECU option. I'm not referring to the Greddy emanage either :)

The info is out there; there wouldnt be custom chipped Toyota ECUs if there wasn't. Its just that getting that info is very very hard :)

1 - 20 of 152 Posts