Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that everywhere I look, there's some 1j guy preaching the gospel of the 2.5. :faint: If I had a dollar for every 1j owner that has asked me why I'm going 2jz, my swap would be damned near free. :dunno:

Why do I want to go 2jz? Hmmm... lets' see... Maybe an extra half litre of displacement? 40 more horsepower? More torque? Larger aftermarket support? The undeniable cool factor? :cool: That's why!?

It might cost me more, it might mean more down time... but no matter how well the 1jz head flows, or how much more affordable you think a 1j swap would be... I'm still going 2JZ U H8R! :fawk:

/rant

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
1j, 2j, its all about family.

oh wait thats what nascar uses, shit!

1j, 2j, its all about in-breeding.

oh wait thats for red necks...!

1j, 2j...grow some balls and go 7m. lol!

who cares, go with the flow. 2jz dosent mean you know how to drive it.

·
Super Moderator
10,382 Posts
Yes, the 2JZ head flows more - it's been thought that the 1JZ's cylinder head has better port velocity characteristics which helps make them so responsive.

Dollars to donuts I have nothing but love for well-executed, well-loved, clean, PROUD Supras regardless of engine or generation, from a 7M-GE to a 1JZGTE to 2JZ's to 2UZ-FE's I don't give a hoot as long as its proper momma Toyota made. If a 2JZ floats your boat, go for it. If some ITB'd stroker 7M-GE does it for you, do that too.
Put gas into whatever puts a smile on your face and love your Supra brethren. :love:

·
Banned
330 Posts
i love 2j's jus cant afford one right now ,but i am gonna put a na-t kit on my 2jz sc

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Shit man the only reason i went 1j is i couldn't afford the 2j, i agree totally, i miss my 7m torque.

I dont understand why people have problems with tq on a 1J. I made 501ft lbs of tq. I guess I had a freak motor?

Anyway, i think its a stupid debate. 1J is a great motor. But its obvious 1J<2J

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
:gives: to this thread.

whats with all the whining and complaining with people enough to make a thread these days???

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
LOL... what hatred? I see no hatred... 7M for life homie!!! aight peace :chicken:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Why didnt Eric provide any proof or documentation? I saw the original thread.. wait.. nevermind I just flow test both heads and the 1jz outflowed the 2jz head.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
ok well if you did it then wheres your proof or documentation? or are you being a smartass? :nono:

Im just being a wiseass. im not saying Eric is lieing, but he didnt provide any proof of what he said, now everyone is spouting of thats the 2jz head stock outflows even a ported 1jz head. Im not saying flow requirements for a 2.5L should be as much as for a 3.0L but a FULLY ported head still not flowing as much as a stock 2jz head sounds far fetched. espeically with no evidence oher than saying he did the test. I mean did he fuck the head up when he ported it? or is he saying that Toyota gave the 2jz head that much more breathing capacity for the extra 500cc (althouh the bore size is the EXACT same) it doesnt add up..

if this were true then then a 1.5j would actually have a problem making more than 500hp on anything less that 30 lbs because the ports should be choking the motor if the head flows that bad. again it just doesnt make sense.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts