Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 94TT and had this problem several times now.When I have tached the motor up to around the redline, going through the gears, it starts bucking, and cutting out and will not hardly run.The Trac Off light, and the engine light come on after this.There is also a red triangle that appears in the Tachometer.What would cause this?I was lucky to get home from work tonite. Any help would be be appriciated.

Thanks, Philip

M

·
0 Posts
I sure hope you're hitting boost cut. If you are hitting cut, then saying "I was lucky to get home tonight" is a bunch of shit. Just don't redline it the whole way home.

Is the car stock? Or have the cats been removed as well as other exhaust components?

·
1,020 Posts
The red triangle in the tach is your "E-Brake" light. is your e-brake loose? it might be activating the sensor when your driving hard.

Definately worth the plug check and invest the whole $60 into a Greddy BCC..

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I can't help with the fuel cut issue, but I might have an answer for you triangle coming on. When I first bought my car, whenever the Trac off light was on the Triangle light would also come on , well it turned out that my connections behind the Odometer and Trac Off light needed to be resoldered. After touching up the terminals the light no longer came on when the Trac Off light was on.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is completely stock, except for a HKS intake.It just had new plugs and new coils installed.I have to drop the belly pan today and check for a loose intercooler hose.If it isn't that, then I may have to drive it to the dealership and have them do a diagnostic check.I'm running out of things that I can check.Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Philip

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the car may have the " pulled hose" to get higher boost levels and you have no BCC to keep from hitting fuel cut.

·
Registered
254 Posts
same thing happened to me and it was bad coil packs.....but you said you already took care of that. I don't really know what else it could be so good luck with it and make sure you post the problem when your done; helps out a lot of people who search.

·
Very Senior Member
9,963 Posts
Philip martin said:
I just purchased a 94TT and had this problem several times now.When I have tached the motor up to around the redline, going through the gears, it starts bucking, and cutting out and will not hardly run.The Trac Off light, and the engine light come on after this.There is also a red triangle that appears in the Tachometer.What would cause this?I was lucky to get home from work tonite. Any help would be be appriciated.

Thanks, Philip
That might be from a boost leak, too. Check connections on the IC hoses.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I pulled the belly pan and Inner fender, to get at all the intercooler piping and intercooler.Its was all connected.I have a friend from the forum I hope can come over this weekend and see if there is anything that I have overlooked.I'll follow up the tread with info as it hopefully gets resolved.

Thanks, Philip

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
If the car feels like you're overboosting the chances are your connections from Turbo to intercooler to the tb are ok. If your MIL light came on check the code if it is a 71, check the small vac hoses on the VSV on the rear of the intake. I know it's an egr code... I had the same problem after I installed my BC I probably bumped it. On my car whenever the Mil (Check engine) light comes on the red triangle also lights. If it idles like shit and then boosts fine to redline you might have a vac leak on one of the vsv's. Check all the 11 year old vac hoses they can do weird $hit

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
the red triangle comes on when the ABS light comes on, and when the doors are open too. Pull your carpet back and make sure no one half assed some wiring by the ECU, like taking a previously installed BCC off, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts