Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

· keep livin man, L I V I N
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watching this? Up to 155k already and it was just listed. I havent researched it yet to see if its a true black/black turbo or not.

I don't get it, accident on report and the fender VINs don't match. Obviously not original and has signs of being previously modified and put back to stock. Hey, let them drive our prices up I guess....or don't so us enthusiast might be able to grab more? I don't know what to think anymore.

Reactions: FastTurbo

· Super Moderator
13,792 Posts
Yes, watching it. Crazy!!

Ken.

Reactions: Casey James

· Smith & Wesson Member
1,024 Posts

Reactions: Mr Ree NZ

· Registered
1,985 Posts
This car is being advertised by a broker in the middle east, so that might be part of the reason it shot up so quick.

· Administrator
11,498 Posts
Car was returned to stock by a well know supra hustler. Fenders from another 97 anniversary non matching vins, cams, single turbo, body kit, suspension, ccws, rolled fenders, redone interior and seats. But u know on bringatrailer it's a one in a million unicorn dream car. I get shade on there and my comments deleted for being honest and making important criticisms. That site has gone to the wolves.

· Premium Member
237 Posts
Car was returned to stock by a well know supra hustler. Fenders from another 97 anniversary non matching vins, cams, single turbo, body kit, suspension, ccws, rolled fenders, redone interior and seats. But u know on bringatrailer it's a one in a million unicorn dream car. I get shade on there and my comments deleted for being honest and making important criticisms. That site has gone to the wolves.
Lol they flagged damn near all your comments

· Old School
4,433 Posts
I feel like the saying "A fool and his money are soon parted" applies here. The red flags are blatantly obvious.

· Registered
167 Posts
I work in LE, I can tell you that the guy bidding these up and then having them repoed is running some type of scam, just trying to figure out what it is. No way can his credit keep taking repo hits, I have to assume he is a middle man

· JZA80
5,038 Posts
Found the Supra where those fenders came from, look at the VIN:

This one has aftermarket "wider" RIDOX one, so it makes sense it's originals are out there.

1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I truly believe BaT is a scam. Look at the Porsche's and the R8's that get bid up. Their forums have complaints of the same thing we are saying here. Most by the "same" type of guy as this BoxFullofJunk guy. BaT will fall one day, and I cannot wait for it as I'll be throwing back the popcorn watching/reading about it doing so.

1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sure mine will get flagged as well..

· Registered
410 Posts
It looks like the trans was leaking and resealed using a ton of RTV. Also one of the invoices shows a trans fluid change and lists MOTUL GEAR 300 75W-90 not sure how that compares to toyota v160 fluid, but for $155K I would expect better.

1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They sure as heck don't know me, I mean I barely have any posts on there!

There is so much evidence on that Supra that it's been tampered with it's not even funny.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts