Supra Forums banner
181 - 200 of 211 Posts

· Registered
2,491 Posts
The quicksilver car has a sketchy past? Damn. I just saw that in person this past weekend. Really great shape cosmetically.
I included a VIN in my post so others can research and make their own conclusions from the prior listing on BaT. It's not just the vehicle itself per se...

· Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
1,281 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Wow, so 2 of the ‘stock’ Supras (quicksilver and the lower mileage black one) at Barrett have a sketch past. All uncovered during BAT auctions for both cars last year. Reading through the comments makes for a good laugh lol

It’s crazy that people who don’t research these vehicles won’t know the back story for these vehicles because they trust the auction house. I’ll just have to look for a good seller. Patience sucks lol

· Hardtop >
1,724 Posts
Can’t imagine he’s happy with that. When it was auctioned a year ago on jdm supply it didn’t hit reserve at $206k so a deal was made after. Then he spent all that money on converting it back to stock. He had it listed for like $600k on his site at first then $300k after the failed bat attempt. I’d say going in to this no reserve was a mistake.

· Super Moderator
13,801 Posts
The 98 quicksilver sold for $170k, $187k with buyers fees. Curious what the next 97 will sell for
I don't know the particulars, but I'm pretty sure the seller paid more than that when he originally purchased the car from Alek.

Good. Couldn’t have happened to a bigger asshole. Karma, you get back what you put out.
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but....

Ken.

Reactions: FastTurbo

· Super Moderator
13,801 Posts
Didn't see @Por2geezSupra's post when I posted. His contains the pertinent details that I glossed over.

Ken.

Reactions: FastTurbo

· Registered
68 Posts
There's a really nice stock UK spec Supra for sale at the moment: 21k-Mile Euro 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo

One thing caught my eye: There seems to be some sort of radiator on the left side behind the bumper. Is this some weird UK spec thing or mod by the owner?

Found the Car when it was in the UK.

You can see on some of the paperwork that in the UK it had the registration - N46 PPG It was for sale for £50k, and didnt sell on our version of BAT - Collecting Cars

· Registered
439 Posts
I watched a decent amount of the auction on TV and didn't see a single MKIV. I would have thought one would at least show up in the top sales for the day or be previewed somewhere.

Al
The docket positions of the 3 cars, 2 black & the QS were shit times. The high milage Black & the QS went early Saturday before anyone was really there. The other Black went late Saturday around 9:00 & the F&F car was the last car of the night. The real nut swingers were not there @ any of those times. The place really emptied out by 7-7:30 on Saturday night. These cars would have had a better chance on Friday night w/ the $1-300,000.00 cars.

Reactions: Supra Turbo

· Registered
33 Posts
Wow Supra market is strong m. 65k mileage 97 Black Supra hammered at $145k, + ~10% buyers premium
Crazy. This car was auto from the factory, conveniently omitted from the description. Nothing wrong with auto to manual swap, but I would guess very few people there were aware of that as it was marketed as a 6 speed. Also had the passenger rear quarter replaced...not shown on CarFax

The same car that “sold” for $157k last year on BAT. Considering everything not a bad price for what it sold for last night
Agree with it being "sold” on BAT. "Sold" on BAT by a dealer in Scottsdale with pictures of another black Supra in the background...then the car shows up again, at BJ in Scottsdale, being sold along with another black Supra with the same owner. Can't say for sure what's going on, but what an odd coincidence :rolleyes:

181 - 200 of 211 Posts