Supra Forums banner
141 - 160 of 211 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
The seller responded on BAT about how the car came to be relisted. So at a hammer price of 150k, they only walked away with 135k after Mecum's commission. That doesn't account for shipping and Mecum entrance fees. Never understood why you would put a car up No Reserve, particularly at Mecum where most of the buyers are there for pre 80s American classics, but to each their own

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Rectangle

· Registered
87 Posts
I’ve sold a few s2000s on BAT, I always thought the ending is sloppy. They sent me an email with the buyers name and number, that’s it. BAT should start handling the transactions between buyer and seller to clean up some of the shill bidding. There has to be a better way

· Hardcore Night Warrior
3,992 Posts
Here's my take for that RSP. The shill bidding on BaT was used in a hope for the seller to set the reserve for the legitimate Mecum sell. IDC what the slither, I mean seller, says post sell. It's like the dealer manager trying to get like 90k markup on that C8 a while back. That dealer manager makes a tweet apologizing about making people upset, because making people upset wasn't their intention. It was such a BS non-response response to try and save face.

Anyways, back to our regular scheduled programing. The seller can say, look we just sold it at 230,000, so the reserve gets set at a number near that at Mecum.

· Super Moderator
13,801 Posts
9mm thick clear bra???

Surely they mean 0.9mm???
Regardless of thickness, the owner has used the PPF to explain away paint thickness readings on the front bumper cover, the area of the car resprayed when it was owned by @rjsmd.

Ken.

· Registered
87 Posts
Regardless of thickness, the owner has used the PPF to explain away paint thickness readings on the front bumper cover, the area of the car resprayed when it was owned by @rjsmd.

Ken.
I believe the front crash vin is missing as well? Barrett Jackson is no reserve, should be a fun one to watch. Harder to shill bid because I believe each the buyer and the seller pay a pretty penny

· Hardtop >
1,724 Posts
Someone got quite the deal today! Stock Usdm factory tt auto with 140k miles for $49k. Based off this sale and all the recent auctions that have not met reserve in the past few months, I think it’s safe to say the Supra market is cooling off. Obviously several factors including that historically winter is a terrible time to sell a sports car, and other economical things going on at the moment. But this was cheap! Hell, importers are asking that for clapped out rhd na auto cars! And even usdm na auto cars are listed at that or more. Several indicators that 2023 is going to be an interesting year for used car sales due to surplus from lease turn ins, repos, Carvana trying to save itself etc. so wonder how much that will play in to the niche sports car world as well. Only time will tell…

· Registered
87 Posts
I do agree with what you say but there seems to be a disconnect with what we see and what the truth is. A lot of these “prime examples” keep floating around at dealers and BAT. They kinda inflated the prices and that’s all we see. We do not know the private sale market and what people are actually paying. The Supra market is not a big one when it comes to people trading hands

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Someone got quite the deal today! Stock Usdm factory tt auto with 140k miles for $49k. Based off this sale and all the recent auctions that have not met reserve in the past few months, I think it’s safe to say the Supra market is cooling off. Obviously several factors including that historically winter is a terrible time to sell a sports car, and other economical things going on at the moment. But this was cheap! Hell, importers are asking that for clapped out rhd na auto cars! And even usdm na auto cars are listed at that or more. Several indicators that 2023 is going to be an interesting year for used car sales due to surplus from lease turn ins, repos, Carvana trying to save itself etc. so wonder how much that will play in to the niche sports car world as well. Only time will tell…
That was an incredible price for the car, not sure why it went so low. Also wonder if chrome/polished wheels and a wing would have caught some impulse buyers who aren't interested in making it look a little more appealing themselves. Buyers may also be watching that built black supra as well, If I were in the market I know I'd be pushing everything aside for that one :D.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
I do agree with what you say but there seems to be a disconnect with what we see and what the truth is. A lot of these “prime examples” keep floating around at dealers and BAT. They kinda inflated the prices and that’s all we see. We do not know the private sale market and what people are actually paying. The Supra market is not a big one when it comes to people trading hands
I personally know the buyer of a $100k+ supra from BAT so I can at least attest to one legitimate high sale for an MKIV

· Registered
87 Posts
I’ve sold a few s2000’s on there, I know for the most part BAT is a useful tool. Sometimes there is “strange activity” on there haha, I was actually eyeing the sun roofed hardtop that didn’t meet reserve. It’s close to me, but it’s a shame there’s a fricken sunroof lol

· Hardtop >
1,724 Posts
There's a really nice stock UK spec Supra for sale at the moment: 21k-Mile Euro 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo

One thing caught my eye: There seems to be some sort of radiator on the left side behind the bumper. Is this some weird UK spec thing or mod by the owner?

The euro spec tt auto cars came with a transmission cooler from factory in that air duct.

part 32910 in this diagram
Product Font Rectangle Schematic Parallel

· Smith & Wesson Member
1,027 Posts

141 - 160 of 211 Posts