Supra Forums banner
161 - 180 of 211 Posts

· Registered
439 Posts

· Administrator
11,504 Posts
BAT is turning into a dealership flex anymore. Seems a lot of supras, Porsches, etc are going from dealer to dealer. Seems like we’re going a full circle on some of these auctions.
They want dealers because its consistent reliable inventory to generate fee's from who generally have more realistic reserves. Its good business but goes against everything that made them an enthusiast site. This is of course just my fucking opinion.

· Smith & Wesson Member
1,027 Posts

For those who are not aware - Should be interesting

· Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
1,281 Posts
Good job Toyota marketing for calling those things A90-A91.
No such chassis code exists.
Its a J29.

"The fifth-generation Supra uses BMW model code conventions, designated as a J29 series with DB model codes. However, Toyota used the "A90" and "A91" code for promotional and marketing materials for the fifth generation Supra to maintain continuity from previous Supra generations "

Yeah such continuity was maintained well with previous generation..

· This aggression will not stand, man.
5,305 Posts
Barrett Jackson Scottsdale has 4 MKIV going on Saturday.

65k mile 97 black 6spd
53k mile 97 black 6spd
18k mile 98 quicksilver 6spd
NA f&f replica monstrosity

· Registered
230 Posts
Interesting the white MKIV is under the premium listing category. I believe this is the first time that has happened. Premium listing has typically been reserved for some really high end cars…

· Administrator
11,504 Posts
Interesting the white MKIV is under the premium listing category. I believe this is the first time that has happened. Premium listing has typically been reserved for some really high end cars…
This supra was owned by two people, they bought it to swap and flip from day 1. Dhar was not forthcoming in his early ebay listings that it was a swap car, I called him out and he started putting it in the listings. He says he has $115k into the car to break even. The car may be nice, but the seller doesn't have a clean carfax if you catch my drift.

1,439 Posts
This supra was owned by two people, they bought it to swap and flip from day 1. Dhar was not forthcoming in his early ebay listings that it was a swap car, I called him out and he started putting it in the listings. He says he has $115k into the car to break even. The car may be nice, but the seller doesn't have a clean carfax if you catch my drift.
I remember that listing, not very transparent on the seller's part....

· Registered
2,491 Posts
Barrett Jackson Scottsdale has 4 MKIV going on Saturday.

65k mile 97 black 6spd
53k mile 97 black 6spd
18k mile 98 quicksilver 6spd
NA f&f replica monstrosity
Looks like another F&F recreation and a Zupra were added also.

Too bad that 18k mile quicksilver car (JT2DE82A6W1002662) has such a sketchy BaT past. Looks like it was converted back to twins... Will be interesting to see how that impacts the auction.

Its really unfortunate that with the rise of values in these vehicles, there seems to be an increase of those looking to take advantage of others.

· Registered
14 Posts
The quicksilver car has a sketchy past? Damn. I just saw that in person this past weekend. Really great shape cosmetically.

The 2 black ones were in good shape, both 15 year anniversary editions (does this increase the value?). I think the higher mileage of the 2 black ones, had exhaust and an intake. But both looked stock otherwise, but who knows what happened in past.

The orange fast/furious rep was…..horrible haha

161 - 180 of 211 Posts