Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys pulled my motor yesterday and i noticed i shit load of oil in the spark pug valley. I just had new valve seal put in about 3k miles ago. BUt i did have those allen key plug things loose. so i dont knjow if that was my problem or what? take a look at the pic and let me know whats going on here? And while im here whats the best way on clean the head out of all the oil without taking springs out?

tom z

·
Super Moderator
10,138 Posts
Get a vaccum pump, like you'd use to bleed brakes.. I've found that those work extremely well for situations like this. Pump out the oil before removing the spark plugs, your car will blow smoke for some time if you let that crap leak into the cylinder, and possibly hydrolock it if there's enough fluid.

Welcome to the 7M world... if you don't have a plug galley full of oil, you don't own a 7M (lol) To prevent this in the future I'd recommend getting some 10mm bolts of the same length & thread pitch and getting some new valve cover gaskets. a 10mm bolt will allow you to put decent torque on the valve covers and actually keep them sealed, unlike the phillips head pieces of crap that will only back out and thus cause a leak and fill your galley with oil again.

The bigass 14mm allen key things are plugs into the coolant channels, so if those were open/loose then you've got a mixture of coolant and oil in there, lol. I've never had a problem with them leaking if they were just snugged down though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool, yea there wasnt any colant so no problem there. thanks.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
I have the same friggin problem.. :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone know the thread size and pitch of the valve cover bolts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts