Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

· Sound Performance
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear left brake is dusting like a sandstorm and is making screeching sounds from a horror movie while not even applying the brakes. It also makes a noticeable ticking sound that gets faster with higher mph. After driving the car normal for about half an hour, the whole wheel had brake dust on it and was hot to the touch. I touched the brake for a split second and burned my finger. What's wrong with my brakes?

All help is appreciated.

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
pull the wheel of and check. maybe a sticking caliper or a bad wheel bearing. before you take the wheel of and at 12 and 6 o clock position go back and forth and see if you have any play.

· Sound Performance
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
either way you should have pulled your wheel off as soon as that shit started happening...if you have a sticking caliper you are just grinding your pads to the bone which is making that ""sandstorm"".
Well, I'm going to have to drive it to the brake place

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
do it your self its not hard. you own a supra learn the car learn the know how. you'll never get anywhere with these cars if you dont learn about them.

pull the wheel check the pads if its way worn on one pad than the other your caliper seized. order a new one and new pads.

its one bolt on the caliper slide it up pull it out of the mounting bracket. remove the banjo bolt off the caliper, then bolt on the new caliper, slide new pads into place, slide new caliper in, tighten the caliper bolt put wheel back on. shouldn't take more than 30 min to do both sides pads only.

· Sound Performance
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do it your self its not hard. you own a supra learn the car learn the know how. you'll never get anywhere with these cars if you dont learn about them.

pull the wheel check the pads if its way worn on one pad than the other your caliper seized. order a new one and new pads.

its one bolt on the caliper slide it up pull it out of the mounting bracket. remove the banjo bolt off the caliper, then bolt on the new caliper, slide new pads into place, slide new caliper in, tighten the caliper bolt put wheel back on. shouldn't take more than 30 min to do both sides pads only.
I don't mind doing it myself but I don't have much knowledge about cars and don't want to risk something when it has to do with the safety of my car.

· Sound Performance
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
no. its not just me. your just not sure about what to do. take it to sound performance and have them do it but ask them if they can show you what they are doing so you can see exactly what is involved and how easy it really is. its a learning process everyone has to start somewhere.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.