Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stealing an idea from @HotSoup, I'm curious to hear from everyone on what their 'dream Supra' would be. Just one or two - We all know we'd have 'ONE OF EACH, IN EVERY COLOR!!!' if we had the ability :)

For me, it's kinda tough because I absolutely LOVE MK3's as well, so it's kinda hard to narrow down.

Having fallen in love in the T04R.com era, really the ideal MK4 for me will always be a 202 black 6-spd, with an HKS big twin or Blitz big twin turbo setup, or an HKS T51R SPL. Veilside intake manifold, and period correct wheels from Rays, Work, or Veilside. There's plenty to modernize by going with a VVTi head, modern EMS, modern clutch, etc. But I'd want to pop my hood and see and feel like it was 1999-2000 all over again. ~800-1000whp would be enough for me :)

My dream MK3 would be similar - I'd love to build a MK3 that would look 100% at home in a late 90's video of Wangan highway racing on the C1 loop in Japan. I'm always back and forth between a 7M or a 2JZ, but I'd go similarly vintage on the turbo and hard parts, but go 100% modern on the engine build, clutch, trans, and EMS side of things.

What's your dream Supra, or dream Supra build? 馃嵑

Registered
Stealing an idea from @HotSoup, I'm curious to hear from everyone on what their 'dream Supra' would be. Just one or two - We all know we'd have 'ONE OF EACH, IN EVERY COLOR!!!' if we had the ability :)

For me, it's kinda tough because I absolutely LOVE MK3's as well, so it's kinda hard to narrow down.

Having fallen in love in the T04R.com era, really the ideal MK4 for me will always be a 202 black 6-spd, with an HKS big twin or Blitz big twin turbo setup, or an HKS T51R SPL. Veilside intake manifold, and period correct wheels from Rays, Work, or Veilside. There's plenty to modernize by going with a VVTi head, modern EMS, modern clutch, etc. But I'd want to pop my hood and see and feel like it was 1999-2000 all over again. ~800-1000whp would be enough for me :)

My dream MK3 would be similar - I'd love to build a MK3 that would look 100% at home in a late 90's video of Wangan highway racing on the C1 loop in Japan. I'm always back and forth between a 7M or a 2JZ, but I'd go similarly vintage on the turbo and hard parts, but go 100% modern on the engine build, clutch, trans, and EMS side of things.

What's your dream Supra, or dream Supra build? 馃嵑
Man what a tough question. I absolutely LOVE mine but black is very difficult to keep clean. I would say a Baltic Blue variant would be amazing.
If you remember I still have my T88-34D and it is still rocking as hard as ever! I will be upgrading in due time and I remember promising you first dibs long ago when I bought those N/A calipers from you. If anything screams 1999-2000, it's this turbo.

Old School
1995 Alpine Silver HT/6 spd built with the same mods I have now.

Registered
Not something I really thought about as I've wanted to own a Mk4 Supra for so long and as I seen prices keep going up I kind of didnt really care about much I just wanted to own one. The only real requirements for me was a V160/161, TT, in decent condition. Now if I thought about it I would probably like to have a Top Secret GT300 kitted car with a HKS big twin setup and supporting mods.

Registered
oh I've only been thinking of this for 20+ years now. for me its not so much about the exterior of the car or a particular color or rims.....its the Ultimate mk3 driveline setup Im interested in. at this particular moment in time the list goes like this :

1. 2jzgte VVTi -- big single, modern ems. shooting for max safe hp on stock block / rotating assy e85 fuel (so 700 ish?)
2. multi disc clutch
3. grannas 6 speed
4. roll cage
6. some mild suspension and brake upgrades. would like to run oem sawblades and look 100% stock

I'd use the car just like I do now. A little cruising around the coutryside... and trailering it to events to drag race, street drag, roll race etc. would never track the car and I honestly don't care about cornering fast. Durable dig car.

I struggle with #1 above and use to think 2jzge NA-t setup on e85 was just as good. they make all the cool bits, FFIM, lots of exh manifold options ....but they are just getting so rare and impossible to find.for the $500 price they were back in the day. and besides, who bolts a $500 motor up to 5-8k worth of clutch and transmission top shelf stuff...might as well go all in at this point

Administrator
A sheet metal subtlety massaged oem looking widebody anthracite hardtop with a vband hks manifold, t51r kai, motec m150, no aftermarket a pillar gauges, car looking completely stock with a set of widened and custom barreled oem satin wheels. Something like that.

Master Shit Fixer
The one (well, really 2) in my signature.

Registered
An 82-85 Celica-Supra black on black with the yellow script "Supra" logo across the back and a 1UZ swap.

Smith & Wesson Member
I'm very lucky to own my dream Supra - 1994 black turbo hardtop.

Reactions: FasTTurbo

Premium Member
I鈥檇 have to say my dream supra would be a QS TT 6 speed. But my runner up choice was black so I鈥檓 happy to have that.

This is the car/video that sealed the deal for me.

I'm lucky enough to own mine: '93 Baltic Blue 6-speed Targa (BPU)

That said, the 21 year old in me wouldn't mind a T51R or some old school HKS twins with
outdated period correct mods and (HKS alphabet soup galore)!

Registered
How about fantasy dream supra? Toyota Supra AWD Hybrid. Basically take the 2022 highlander hybrid drivetrain and put it in a 3500 lb Supra. And twin turbo that V6. Kinda sounds like I want Toyota to make an Acura NSX.
But back to the real world, My dream Supra? Well my garage queen updated and finished.

97 HARD TOP
93 hardtop anthracite 6 speed all day long for me. Hell id sell both of my supras for a chance at one of those

Registered
I鈥檒l take the GT500 Castrol Supra was always fan of the body design. With an OEM interior.

Or a TRD body kit TT/manual RSP/IJM would be ideal as well.

Registered
1998 QS or RSP HT with a VVTi motor and V160/1 transmission. If the genie is out of those colors, i would take an anthracite.

Registered
I dont have high demands. RPS manifold with ideally a t51 and a hKS titanium exhaust with supporting mods. In reality im shooting for a s366 because real t51 prices are insane. 6 speed with a set of 11" wheels out back. LED gauges.

its obvious i haven't given this too much thought yet

Registered
Fictional dream Supra: 2002 USDM RSP 6speed GTE HT would be pretty awesome to own, its a really sucks Supras weren't sold in the US after 98.

Dream Supra that could be reality: 97/98 RSP HT swapped GTE/v160, HKS big twins or single turbo rps manifold, TRD hood, TRD wing on HRE 547s

1 - 20 of 59 Posts