Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

From the land down under
Great thread idea, Jeff 馃嵒

Mine would have to be a 2002 factory built TRD widebody in 3P0, 2JZ-GTE 3.4 vvti, 6870, V161, B03B, Plasmaman FFIM, CE28N SL Time Attack, with full interior but updated to 2021 technology for audio w/ reverse camera etc

Registered
QS Hardtop with a HKS 3.4 stroker, HKS T51R-SPL, DCT or modern auto transmission, supporting modifications, and maybe Heidi Klum (circa 2000) in the passenger seat.

Not too much to ask for?

Mind if I do a J?
Saw my dream Supra at the Vegas event last week. Jewel green hardtop with black HRE C103.

Game Over
I feel so fortunate to be able to say this, but I already own my dream Supra :) 6MT, Turbo, USDM, Hardtop

Originally, I wanted a Ren Red 6MT Hardtop, but the 040 White has grown on me.
If money was no object, a 93-95 1A1 6MT Turbo Hardtop would be my next choice.
QFX and RSP would be my top choices if they existed in 93-95
(Finally saw an OG RSP in person last year, and I absolutely love the color. Stu Hagen's QSFX is truly an outstanding example as well!)

As far as my wants go from here on forward, it's hard to say as these cars are also evolving with modern parts so to speak, so that can change at any time 馃槀 (Fantastic to still have great parts support after all these years!)

But IF I could, I THINK I'd really like to find a setup that'll be able to put out 4-digit HP on kill, still be responsive enough, and be able to turn it down to around 550 +/- on the road course with a turn of a knob, be able to pull over 1.5g on the corners, and have a top speed of over 200mph. With a little bit of period correct parts here and there too :)

As far as the body goes, I really don't know, because a clean Supra doesn't need much at all to look good!
I'm always caught in between the fork of mildly or wildly, although I have already accumulated many OEM body parts for when I'm ready to fully commit to the resto.

Mildly being a stock body, with a simple Carbonetics carbon front lip. Maybe with a euro hood, maybe not. Depends on how much lower the front end looks in person with the front lip. Just a simple, stupid clean and fast car with a bunch of beautiful underlying foot work, ducting, and some painted true carbon parts, with very subtle details of exposed carbon.

Kind of like what Built by legends recently did, for Mine's Motorsports R32 GTR restoration.

Wildly being a Full Ridox Aero kit, with all the under trays, canards, GT Wing, ect.

All out being something along the lines of a race car like this, although I don't think I can ever do this to a perfectly straight Supra. Although I wish TRD had a variant of this wing, hood, and front end available to the public, as I loved their 1st gen JGTC kit!

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Super Moderator
Way back in the day, I built my dream MKIV Supra:

Built my dream Celica Supra:

And built (sort of) my dream MKIV USDM hard top:

Not really into "modernizing" my cars per se but have given thought to, in no particular order, MoTeC M-150, Tomei stroker (other than piston speed, trying to figure out advantages/disadvantages of 3.4 versus 3.6), 7-speed DCT, take the VVTi plunge if I take the Tomei stroker route (or HKS), graduate Crimson Tide to, possibly, dream MKIII status if I ever get off my ass and get some new wheels and, maybe, a standalone EMS to preserve the 7M-GTE. EDIT: Forgot replacing the 5M-GE 161 bhp motor in Bella (MKII) with a 220 bhp 2JZ-GE, maintaining its NA and Toyota status, but with a substantial power boost.

Moral of this story is, even when you think you're finished and realized your dreams, there's always something tugging you toward a new project because....Supra.

Ken.

From the land down under
Way back in the day, I built my dream MKIV Supra:

Built my dream Celica Supra:

And built (sort of) my dream MKIV USDM hard top:

Not really into "modernizing" my cars per se but have given thought to, in no particular order, MoTeC M-150, Tomei stroker (other than piston speed, trying to figure out advantages/disadvantages of 3.4 versus 3.6), 7-speed DCT, take the VVTi plunge if I take the Tomei stroker route (or HKS), graduate Crimson Tide to, possibly, dream MKIII status if I ever get off my ass and get some new wheels and, maybe, a standalone EMS to preserve the 7M-GTE. EDIT: Forgot replacing the 5M-GE 161 bhp motor in Bella (MKII) with a 220 bhp 2JZ-GE, maintaining its NA and Toyota status, but with a substantial power boost.

Moral of this story is, even when you think you're finished and realized your dreams, there's always something tugging you toward a new project because....Supra.

Ken.
Ken,
stunning line up :)

Is the first photo taken at Willow Springs by chance?

Premium Member
Honestly any MKIV would do, regardless of color, trim, or transmission. The ideal supra would be the turbo model in Baltic Blue with the stock chrome 5 spokes, and the beige tan leather interior, and maybe a targa top. i鈥檓 not certain if they made a stock baltic blue targa top but that would definitely be the one i鈥檇 get.

Super Moderator
Ken,
stunning line up :)

Is the first photo taken at Willow Springs by chance?
Reith,

That photo was taken less than two blocks from my home. Residential subdivision is just yards away, but the background shows land slated for a public park (still undeveloped).

Ken.

Registered
Mine would simply be Stu Hangens and Ken Hendersons Anthracite.

Master Shit Fixer
The ideal supra would be the turbo model in Baltic Blue with the stock chrome 5 spokes, and the beige tan leather interior, and maybe a targa top. i鈥檓 not certain if they made a stock baltic blue targa top but that would definitely be the one i鈥檇 get.
Yes, stock turbo Baltic Blue targa tops exist. There's one in my signature. Even has the beige tan interior.

IMAGINETHAT has one too (but with black interior).

Reactions: IMAGINETHAT

From the land down under
Ken,
Reith,

That photo was taken less than two blocks from my home. Residential subdivision is just yards away, but the background shows land slated for a public park (still undeveloped).
Ken,
Glad to see that the urban sprawl hasnt wiped out all of the stunning vistas quite yet.

It sure is a great location for a photo shoot, when you dont have to drive too far to get there, as the car remains shiny hehe

Reith

Registered
I've only own my one Supra since 1990, it is all I ever needed. Sounds corny but this car is literally part of my life, I wont get into the boring details on how I was able to hold on to it from day one. called life and luck. I cannot begin to talk about the mod list as the girl went thru everything from an NA to her final form a 2jzgte vvti. For me it would be like cheating on her getting another Supra..hahah all the money went into her for the last 30 something years, If I had two Id be homeless....I have other cars but they are not Supras M3 BMW an older 540i Beamer, WrX 2010 which is my daily but none of them compared to the blood and sweat put into my Supra. All the work I did myself over the years so that has a lot to do with the connection. It ain't just a car to me..
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Plant Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Blue Hood

From the land down under
There is nothing quite like the feeling of having owned something for what seems like forever.

Even more so, if it was built by your own hand.

Enjoy your hard work pal

Registered
my dream Supra would my very own 86.5 7MGE W58 hardtop stocked, but running! When I do get her back out to there
(in the near future)
I will not change a single thing on her!

Registered
Sheesh Jeff... I'm working on it! :p The Mk3, that is. Building my ultimate vision of it. Couple inconsequential mods that I'd like to do, but because money is an object in reality, won't happen, but... the rest of it is getting there, slowly but surely. Dream Mk3 for me involves a power steering system that never leaks another drop again.

As for an ultimate Supra that I'd love to have but will never actually own? Mk2 with a really well sorted suspension, appropriately old school wheels (Watanabe RS, perhaps? In legit magnesium, because period correct?), with the centerpiece of the build being under the hood. It'd have to be an inline six, of course, but here's where it gets interesting. Either a three twin carb setup, or ITB's, I honestly don't care how much power the car makes, because I'll be too busy having eargasms all day and night. That said, I do like a powerful car that's within the capability of the chassis. To this end, a built 6m? Perhaps a GM LL8 built to rev to 8k?

Also, it's gotta be a panda. Partly because my buddy Dave Koos had one with the black / white paint scheme, and partly because I'm an Initial D weeb. :p

@KenHenderson Raises a good point that I hadn't thought about recently. I've heard it said that "Supras are never done, they're merely in their current state" and I find that to be existentially true. Show of hands here, who would STILL be tinkering with or thinking of ways to modify and improve their DREAM Supra? I know I would.

@Nolenway Is that hood from Central Composites? I recall they did a group buy for us back in the day, kinda looks like those hoods. Nice looking car, by the way.

Registered
Rhd tt v160 220mm Bo3B Rearend . single turbo dumb clean under carriage with all new Toyota bolts everything powder coated and built by my best friend Steve Coker here in Tampa . Dude is crazy detailed and I鈥檓 excited 鈥..

Registered
My dream is a daily driven sleeper. Being in SoCal a manual transmission is not ideal with traffic so I would love to build a built auto or dct. I鈥檇 keep the under hood look as stock as possible. Using the stu twins, built motor and vvti head, E85, proefi, black anodize the ic and any other parts to keep it looking stock. Maybe a front lip and some nice modern looming wheels, update the front lights and tails.

@Patrick94TT - Jewel Green ? I thought you were always an IJM kinda guy ?

@KenHenderson - if there is something the world needs right now, its more photos of those beauties :)

21 - 40 of 59 Posts