Supra Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
The Great Beast 666
654 Posts
mine would have to be a factory built TRD 3000GT.

Reactions: Mr Ree NZ

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Stealing an idea from @HotSoup, I'm curious to hear from everyone on what their 'dream Supra' would be. Just one or two - We all know we'd have 'ONE OF EACH, IN EVERY COLOR!!!' if we had the ability :)

For me, it's kinda tough because I absolutely LOVE MK3's as well, so it's kinda hard to narrow down.

Having fallen in love in the T04R.com era, really the ideal MK4 for me will always be a 202 black 6-spd, with an HKS big twin or Blitz big twin turbo setup, or an HKS T51R SPL. Veilside intake manifold, and period correct wheels from Rays, Work, or Veilside. There's plenty to modernize by going with a VVTi head, modern EMS, modern clutch, etc. But I'd want to pop my hood and see and feel like it was 1999-2000 all over again. ~800-1000whp would be enough for me :)

My dream MK3 would be similar - I'd love to build a MK3 that would look 100% at home in a late 90's video of Wangan highway racing on the C1 loop in Japan. I'm always back and forth between a 7M or a 2JZ, but I'd go similarly vintage on the turbo and hard parts, but go 100% modern on the engine build, clutch, trans, and EMS side of things.

What's your dream Supra, or dream Supra build? 🍺
You just described my MK4 :LOL: T51R SPL, 202 black 6 speed, but soon to be HGT sequential. I also am planning to install my RPS manifold whenever I get the chance.

Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Super Moderator
11,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
@Kenshiro, your car might as well have been ripped right out of my dreams! 202 black hardtop, T51R single, 6-spd.... it's perfect! :love:

The OEM Recaro 'Confetti' SR2's, TRD 10k tach, Carbon '01-02 JDM wheel, and '98 Supra passenger airbag cover are exactly the kind of refined 'soft touch' improvements that I absolutely adore.

Utterly flawless! Respect! 🍺
If you ever make it to SIV with that car, warn me in advance so I can bring a microfiber towel with me to keep my drool off of your paint!

·
Registered
253 Posts
For me it would be a S1 JDM TT 6spd (hardtop) in 202 with all the factory goodies, confetti Recaro's, Big brakes etc. Full period build (with maybe a more modern ECU). T78 (+ supporting mods), HKS Super dragger exhaust and the SSQV boost whistle. :ROFLMAO:
TRD wing, HKS Kansai Type 2 lip and Kinesis K28 wheels (I always loved them on Marcus Frost's car from the To4r days).

Failing that some BBS LM's perhaps.

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
@iwantablackRZ , nice dream. Can't go wrong with those wheels. Both are timeless designs, although some of the youngsters may not remember just how good the Kinesis wheels were.

Ken.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
@Kenshiro, your car might as well have been ripped right out of my dreams! 202 black hardtop, T51R single, 6-spd.... it's perfect! :love:

The OEM Recaro 'Confetti' SR2's, TRD 10k tach, Carbon '01-02 JDM wheel, and '98 Supra passenger airbag cover are exactly the kind of refined 'soft touch' improvements that I absolutely adore.

Utterly flawless! Respect! 🍺
If you ever make it to SIV with that car, warn me in advance so I can bring a microfiber towel with me to keep my drool off of your paint!
Thank you sir, I appreciate the compliments! Hope to see ya at SIV next year! 🍺

·
Super Moderator
11,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
@iwantablackRZ , nice dream. Can't go wrong with those wheels. Both are timeless designs, although some of the youngsters may not remember just how good the Kinesis wheels were.

Ken.
THIS youngster remembers! The K58's were one of my favorite 3 piece designs for a long, long time!

Thank you sir, I appreciate the compliments! Hope to see ya at SIV next year! 🍺
I hope so too!!!! 🍺

• Love
Reactions: iwantablackRZ

·
The Great Beast 666
654 Posts
Reactions: Kenshiro

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,896 Posts
Ultimately, a clean put together TRD WB 1A1 HT (my QS fame color) with a 3.4L 6MT would be my choice all in. I bought my Alpine first but a 202 was it for me back then so the hunt began for one shortly after 3 months of first Supra ownership. I had a build vision prior to owning any of them so I set out to build my 202 as such. Both are still with me today.

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Old School
4,182 Posts
^Damn that car is hot, Rick!

Reactions: RikTT

·
Registered
Lots of BMWs, Ferraris, Lamborghini, and recently Supras
38 Posts
Stealing an idea from @HotSoup, I'm curious to hear from everyone on what their 'dream Supra' would be. Just one or two - We all know we'd have 'ONE OF EACH, IN EVERY COLOR!!!' if we had the ability :)

For me, it's kinda tough because I absolutely LOVE MK3's as well, so it's kinda hard to narrow down.

Having fallen in love in the T04R.com era, really the ideal MK4 for me will always be a 202 black 6-spd, with an HKS big twin or Blitz big twin turbo setup, or an HKS T51R SPL. Veilside intake manifold, and period correct wheels from Rays, Work, or Veilside. There's plenty to modernize by going with a VVTi head, modern EMS, modern clutch, etc. But I'd want to pop my hood and see and feel like it was 1999-2000 all over again. ~800-1000whp would be enough for me :)

My dream MK3 would be similar - I'd love to build a MK3 that would look 100% at home in a late 90's video of Wangan highway racing on the C1 loop in Japan. I'm always back and forth between a 7M or a 2JZ, but I'd go similarly vintage on the turbo and hard parts, but go 100% modern on the engine build, clutch, trans, and EMS side of things.

What's your dream Supra, or dream Supra build? 🍺
Of course the original Hero 1 car from FnF

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
"IF" I had it my way....RSP/Black hardtop v160 car (would be a swap but I don't care)

Honestly though, these cars are unobtainium for the average person these days. I bought mine when I made $14/hr and was able to finance it.

These days most people are just happy to see one.

·
Premium Member
89 Turbo Targa
84 Posts
The one that got away...
Brand spankin' new 1990 White Pearl/White Package, Targa, Grey Leather Interior loaded all options installed. Light window tint installed at the Toyota dealership. Had 12 miles on it, damn it was gorgeous. Would have had to go deep in dept then. My trade-in was worth 14k at the time & that White Pearl was close to 35k. :oops:
Was driving my 87 Turbo Targa Maroon Pearl and saw that one at the dealership. Pulled in to the salesperson, she was already spoken for. Damn it!
Would have kept that one stock and would still own it.
Have yet to see one optioned that way after all these years.
Still trying to find that one that got away....

·
Registered
529 Posts
My dream Supra has not changed much over the past 20+ years has always been the relatively same setup. Supra with a 3.0L high comp, high revving built motor, Ti rods and valves, beehive springs, shimless buckets, lightened forged pistons, balanced and blueprinted, E85 Flex fuel, short small dia equal length header 64-68mm BB billet turbo and manual LHD Supra with all the road racing goodies of brakes, Super lock LSD, Figs suspension arms and links, Custom alignment, two sets of tires for street/track and a good bolstered set of lightweight carbon seats. Exterior goodies would include all stock body panels and targa in carbon fiber, TwinZ body kit in carbon, carbon stock style front bumper with enlarged opening for a v mount radiator setup, corner balanced and weighted. Relocate coolers, battery, sumps and surge tanks to the rear along with a race circuit breaker setup rewired to the rear. ECU wire-tuck rewired to the rear. I want to remove whatever I have to in the front to get the car's weight balance 46/54% rear balanced. Tuck a set of 335 section rear width Goodyear Supercar 3R tires stretched on some Work Zeast BST1's and 285's in the front. Paint the carbon body Quicksilver FX or RSP. Add a simple front splitter, working diffuser and aeromotions active rear wing. Samsonas H pattern with air paddle shifter and traction control with launch control magnus clutch launch kit with Haltech 2500.

That has been the same for decades now but as of recently I have been toying with a new setup idea. Go back to a sequential setup. But not the complicated factory one that eats itself. Picture all of that above now just add four mods. 1. Eaton Supercharger under the intake mani belt driven off the crank being fed into 2. a trick laminova intake/intercooler cooled by an interchiller that is fed by a 3. 12V prius A/C compressor interchiller. The water dump that is coming off the 12V A/C setup is fed into a tank in the back that is pumped into a 4. water injection cooling system with the Supra A/C system and 12V prius A/C water dump. Whenever you put too much heat into the motor, the water injection takes water and mists it into the intake runners cooling the engine immediately.
Camera accessory Cameras & optics Automotive mirror Machine Electric blue

The Eaton TVS1900 has the same efficiency rate as the turbos, it is lagless, and has a linear power curve with twin rotor torque down low. Laminova intercooling has 0.0 pressure drop. As the rpm's rise the turbo spools and adds boost to the S/C. So I have instant lagless linear torque down low and up top Legendary Supra top end. We can have our cake and eat it too. Its simple to work on, tune and only has 1 valve that opens when the turbo boost matches the S/C boost; no complicated setups and will stay cool by always filling up its own tank of cooling juice. The cool thing is now I can upsize the single turbo to whatever because I have all the low end taken care of to drive the car on the street and racetracks and still have my legendary top end. A Eaton TVS1900 is good for over 650WHP+. You can pick them up for less than $1k. I'd probably rock a Borg S369e or Borg 9280. That combo would produce over 1500WHP with 50ms no-lift shifts and launch control. Plenty for anything anywhere and docile and tractable to boot. Add bonus ITB's and a feather light flywheel on this and now we have lightning throttle response with great low end torque and lagless boost that a Supra has never had before thrusting the Supra back into the big leagues with all these Supercars rolling around. You can keep that modded Audi, Lambo, Mac and Viper. I'll take my chances in my Twin-charged Dream Carbon Supra.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
843 Posts
Better late than ever…how about a finished one?

So many fine examples of an MKIV in this thread. Congrats to you all!

·
Registered
13 Posts
MIne would be a Supra version of a Porsche GT3 with some tweeks

Jewel Green
Tan Leather recaro
Half cage
3.4L VVTi
ISF AA80 gearbox with flappy paddles ( all working like OEM )
Blitz Splits
Air cups

·
Administrator
9,668 Posts
I just acquired my dream Supra. 95 Diamond White Pearl 5-speed. 76k miles. Original owner owned it until 2019 and then sold to the tech that serviced it a lot of those years. Bone stock cherry car. Couldn't be happier. Big plans for it.
same exact car I got!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts