Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your favorite detailing product and why do you like it?

- Adams detail spray. Its easy to use, cleans the car up really nice if you have a little dust on the car but dont want to do a full wash.

I just went throught the garage trying to organize some crap and get everything put away. I have been wanting to do a hardcore detail on the car but i need to get my garage cleaned up a little first. I had crap in random places so i pulled it all out and put it back in its own seperate spot.

·
Really ????
318 Posts
Mainly a mix of stuff I've tried and like...
Griot's products, I really like the Speed Shine Quick Detailer. The Wheel Cleaner works very well too...

Surf City Garage makes good interior stuff...The Leather Cleaner/Protector works great on the Celica seats..

I've seen this stuff in action, but I just got it in, haven't had a chance to use it myself. Works fantastic for hard water spots on glass...

Far and away my favorite wax...Love it to death !!!! So smooth and easy to use....

I've got other stuff, just no pics of it right now, but these are the cornerstones of my cleaning...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got a whole bunch of stuff and i havent had a chance to try any of it out. I bought Sonax wheel cleaner it looks like a good product hopefully it works well. I never really bought detailer grade wheel cleaner before but i said screw it ill give it a shot. Ill post pics up when i do it, its probablly gonna be a whole wheel well detail with it to.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rickstar22 how do you like the surfcity leather and dash??? I have been using adams, i like their leather conditioner but i have had problems with their leather cleaner. You have to dilude it especially on old leather or it will dull the crap out of the leather.

·
Really ????
318 Posts
Rickstar22 how do you like the surfcity leather and dash??? I have been using adams, i like their leather conditioner but i have had problems with their leather cleaner. You have to dilude it especially on old leather or it will dull the crap out of the leather.
The Leather cleaner/conditioner is in a creme form, and I love the ease. Just like wax, you rub it in, that gets all the dirt and crud along with getting the conditioner all sunk in. You wait a minute for the haze to start, then buff it off. Here's the seats in my Celica. They were junkyard finds that had seen a little weather. I used the Surf City product, and left them looking and feeling very nice...

I used to use the Meguiar's Interior detailer, but it's a little on the "oily" side, the Surf City isn't near as bad, and doesn't leave the fake overshine like armor-all. It's also alot more friendlier to the plastics and vinyl.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I highly recommend 'Good stuff" which you can get from any ZEP dealer (my local rep orders it for me). Works great for plastics, leather, vinyl, rubber, you name it. I even used it to remove road grime on paint and its great. Recondition my old 94 seats. My favorite part, once applied to black trim plastics it brings them back to life! Its in an aerosol spray can and sorta like a liquid wax compound that you can rub off in a waxing like motion to give anything a shine without an Armor-all like finish which is overly greasy and as we all know eventually damaging over time. Even leaves a coating for UV protection :bigthumb:

·
ex BPU'er
5,095 Posts
any recommendations on good sealants? My G35 is getting beat up by the elements, and I can't wash/wax it consistently enough keep it in good condition...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ I just looked to go find some FMJ and im not finding much, i have a little left but not enough to do my truck since you mentioned it. It must have been 3-4 years ago when i got it.

Its called Menzerna Power Lock, i havent used it but that appears to be the replacement.

·
Actual member since 2001.
2,606 Posts
News paper and windex, works every time! And a fine steel wool pad for oem chrome wheels, works miracles on water spots!

·
Nothing
1,491 Posts
I've lately become a bit of a GTechniq whore. The trim product C4 is phenomenal and last for many months instead of weeks. Their paint coating C1 is easyish to apply but the protection is second to none. C1 following the M105/205 + Menz 085rd = unbeatable durability and looks.

Here's a little C4 applied to a 1993 RX7 last week as a test spot:

A Bullitt Mustang I polished earlier this year that received the full C1/C4 treatment:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Wow! You guys go to the extreme. I just use the Meguiars Ultimate line... wash, clay, compound, scratch-x, polish, wax. Paired with my porter-cable polisher, it gets the job done pretty well. I also use meguiars wheel cleaner, leather cleaner, etc.

The only shit I use that can't be bought at Walmart is P21S, 303 protectant, and Poorboys wheel sealant.

·
Why an Auto??
361 Posts
M105/205 combo, A lot of the Menzerna products from SIP to powerlock, some chemical guys, a little XMT, and souvern waxes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts