Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Fly Navy
589 Posts
Favorite thing? Owning a car that hardly anyone else has. It's a weird satisfaction. I like it when folks come up and say, "What kind of car is that? / What model car is that?"

I dunno, it's weird. ...but yeah, at the same time, it's a dick magnet for those that actually know what it is.

·
HardTopper
467 Posts
People just get surpised when I answered them it is a 1993 made. Supra outlook just never gets outdated.
YEah that's so true, Met a pretty nice guy at this deli who was asking me all sorts of things, then He asked what year it was and he was pretty shocked...
I live in a kinda upscale town with lots of sick cars and believe it or not some of these "car" people don't know what a supra is.
One of my favorite things though is being able to womp on just about anything else on the road, and messing with the crazy rich around here trying to get them to race their Porsches.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I love owning a mk4 because it's a mk4. Where I live, seeing a porche is like seeing a camaro. Seeing a camaro is like seeing a Honda. Seeing a new 5.0 is like seeing a honda. Seeing new camaros and new 392 challengers is like seeing Hondas. But seeing a mk4 supra is like spotting a mclaren f1 or a Bugatti veyron. People stop and stare and ruin their underwear when they see my supra. That's why I love a supra. And The reliability it awesome as long as you mod it right and don't forget your hose clamps... I love it when I get beat in my new 5.0 and tell them that it's my slow car... People tell me that they will beat me no matter what car I drive, until I tell them I have a supra. Their cocky attitude goes from bring it on to, oh shit nvm he has a supra... In reality people around here take winning or losing too serious, but it played out in my favor.

To be honest I will skip rent on my apartment before I get behind on my supra note... I can sleep In my supra.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I love getting asked what kind of car it is. People think it's a brand new car. The interior is the best of any car I have ever owned. The sound of the engine, and aftermarket exhaust is amazing! Choice of using the targa is fun.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Only dislike I can think of is it's a dick magnet. It's hilarious when I let my girlfriend (who is Asian
Btw) drive it and I follow her. So many guys slow down and drive beside her trying to get her attention. I just sit back and lmao... When people approach asking what kind of car it is I always tell them supra and then follow up asking them what year they think it is. I've yet to have anyone guess lower than 2001.

·
Raising the BAR
3,324 Posts
The occasional "Oh, is that a Supra bro?" as they are standing behind my car with clear view of the emblem. Lol

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
...asking them what year they think it is. I've yet to have anyone guess lower than 2001.
This just happened to me last week. A couple in a pickup truck were in the left lane next to me and after she got my attention she asked what kind of car it was and when I said '95 Supra she said something like "...OMG we thought it was some brand new kind of Toyota...do you want to sell it?"

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
This just happened to me last week. A couple in a pickup truck were in the left lane next to me and after she got my attention she asked what kind of car it was and when I said '95 Supra she said something like "...OMG we thought it was some brand new kind of Toyota...do you want to sell it?"
Similar thing happened to me this past weekend. Lady walking by asks, "What car is that", I reply a "Toyota", she replies, "What model", I reply, "a Supra". With a bewildered look, she then replies "I've never seen that model", and as she walks off, yells out "Beautiful Car!"

The best thing I enjoy about the car. . . when I can step out of the house for a just a few hours away from the wife and kids, just to rekindle the youth inside of me!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Road head.

Seriously, it's a one of a kind car and an animal at that. The people who know it, love it and respect it...the people who don't know it stand in awe of it. What's crazy is that more people are apt to identify a Ferrari, Lambo, or Aston quicker than they can identify a Supra. On a personal level, when I'm driving, I love looking through the side view mirror at the beautiful back lines leading to the wing...the styling only found on a Supra.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts