Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking at SF for a while now and finally got a chance to register the other day. Anyways, I love the supra and have been looking for one for a while now, but my price range isn't so great, so I've just put it aside to only be a dream to have this car. Anyways, I found this supra on ebay, but I can only think it is a scam. What do you guys think? Item number=> 170106986577 . Thanks

* Edited for Ebay link

·
1,522 Posts
Ok, here is the deal with that car. IT WAS A NON-TURBO! The seller failed to disclose that information. The car has 16" N/A wheels, n/a brakes and my guess is that it probably has a n/a rear end, n/a 5 speed tranny, etc. Also, look at the 7th digit in the VIN. 1 = non turbo, 2 = turbo.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
what he ^ said is right, but it could still be worth it. Depends on the condition and quality of work on the upgraded setup.

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Good catch. I was just going to say it has 7 days left still.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, is there anything I should ask the guy about this car or have him take pictures of ceartin parts? I already asked him if there is anything wrong with this car, or if anything is not in top condition. He told me it's in perfect condition, and I was surprised to see such a price especially when it only has 60k miles on it. only bad thing is it's easy just to say everything is fine with the car. Well any more help guys? Thanks

·
TuneLord
578 Posts
is there any way that you can look at the car? or have someone check it out for ya?

thats the best thing that can be done to make sure the car is in a good condition

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Not trying to jack your thread, but ebay links arnt allowed to be posted I believe >.< you might wanna just post the item number, and remove the direct link, just in-case. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That just about sums it up.
What's that supposed to mean? What are you gonna do next... call me a ricer? I pay for all my shit and saved up since I was 7 for my first car ever since my dad got his 67 Shelby Cobra. I'm in college and just because I want to look into getting a supra, you just automatically stereotype me? Learn not to judge people when you don't know anything about them you ignorant ass

·
Registered
232 Posts
What's that supposed to mean? What are you gonna do next... call me a ricer? I pay for all my shit and saved up since I was 7 for my first car ever since my dad got his 67 Shelby Cobra. I'm in college and just because I want to look into getting a supra, you just automatically stereotype me? Learn not to judge people when you don't know anything about them you ignorant ass

It's not going to help people not think you are just some young punk by talking all big once someone calls you out, for what seems to be true...

·
DFA Motorsports
1,891 Posts
Readytofix.com is a scam. They just give you information to salvage yards that is available free with the glory of the internet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's not going to help people not think you are just some young punk by talking all big once someone calls you out, for what seems to be true...
Alright, you're right.
I know I came off all defensive, I just hate that every forum I go onto people just assume I'm some punk ricer. Sorry for the insults, just hoping SF would have some cool people

·
NOSUP4U
103 Posts
I'm a little late here but I think I know this car. The guy who owns it knows allot about Supra's and has actually helped me with mine. It was a NA Supra but he did all the work himself and put the turbo on it. He loves Supra's and always has one or is looking for one to buy. I think this one was his third. I don't know everything he had done to it but I did see him driving it around town a month ago. It needed new paint but I think it ran well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts