Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supra Shane
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know MKIV.com has them but I was curious if anyone ran diffent settings then that one? Sensor type, Hi thr, lo thr ect........

Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sensor type needs to stay the same. Hi and low throttle can be pretty much anything, it won't make a difference. Your car will re-adjust for low throttle anyway, and will switch over to hi throttle at a certain % you entered. Just keep high throttle at 80+ %.

-Corey

·
Supra Shane
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about dec. air to adjust for my BOV venting the the atmosphere with my MAF? what should i put it at so my car doesnt stall?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Good question, but I only think that works on dsm vehicles running in hotwire? I do not know if any supra owners are using that feature. Again, I think the maf and ecu have that compensated for when the tps voltage goes below a certain point. I suggest running your stock diverter valve and aftermarket bov together.

So is anyone using dec. air? Please chime and help this guy out.

-Corey

·
Registered
403 Posts
I tried everything to get the dec air to work on my car but I never could get it right. I'm not sure if it works for our cars or not. I set mine up like MKIV and later on changed my LO to 10% and HI to 50%. I have noticed no ill effects of putting to those numbers. Great thread by the way. :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I had mine low 10% and high at 50 also. That way it will switch to Hi mode beyond 50% throttle.

Another tip when tuning, with the SAFC2 you have more adjustment points than the safc 1. That doesn't mean that it's better or easier to tune.
I had rpm adjustment points every 600 rpms. That will make tuning easier and less points for the SAFC2 to interpolate, which will give you straighter A/R ratio curve. I tuned my car to a straight A/F line at 11.6 after 4500 rpms.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
shane, I am pretty sure you have the wiring wrong. Go over the install once again.

ccyrus, I started at 4000rpm.

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
Most of the time if the wiring or settings are wrong you will get a code like maybe ...31 for maf signal missing. the car will still run though. I set mine up like it says on mkiv.com, and Changed all the Ne points to >4000. The knock wire I didn't connect since that data is pretty much useless, and one more hack into the ecu harness. If your rpm reading is accurate, that means the power ground and rpm signal are correct, hell the only other thing is the Maf wire and TPS, just make sure that they are going the right way to ecu and sensor. I have my lo throttle set at 10%, and Hi at 80, No correction values for less than 4k and no corrections for lo throttle... Good luck I'm not an expert on this thing yet, but this is what I found.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts