Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Part of the MSB club
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wheel Bearings...HELP!!!

Is it common for the rear wheel bearing to go out on supra's? What causes them to go out?

-mike

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
yes , its a common problem

both of my rears went out =X

about the only deffective thing for hte supra other than

1) shitty new shortblocks from toyota
2) shitty broken center console latch

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
Supra109 said:
Is it common for the rear wheel bearing to go out on supra's? What causes them to go out?

-mike

everything will break when they get old. maybe people drive the supra harder than other cars, so they are more common on the supras.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
blakev45 said:
I've heard a lot of people have hub/bearing problems on the drivers side rear but I don't know why.

Mileage?? :scratch:

Age of car?? :scratch:

Why do brake pads need replacing? Why do tires need replacing? Why does a clucth need replacing? Why do spark plugs need replacing?
:thread: :D

·
Part of the MSB club
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blkturbo! said:
Mileage?? :scratch:

Age of car?? :scratch:

Why do brake pads need replacing? Why do tires need replacing? Why does a clucth need replacing? Why do spark plugs need replacing?
:thread: :D
100,000 miles and its a 93, but mr smart ass I also have a 93 with 160,000 miles and it doesn't have that problem.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
blakev45 said:
I've heard a lot of people have hub/bearing problems on the drivers side rear but I don't know why.
Drivers side goes out first because it has more weight on it for more miles (the driver, d'oh).
And it's not just Supras. All cars have wheel bearings wear out.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Supra109 said:
100,000 miles and its a 93, but mr smart ass I also have a 93 with 160,000 miles and it doesn't have that problem.

i wasn't actually asking you your mileage and year of car....i was just making reference to those being the 2 largest factors of why they would be bad. In terms of simple wear and tear.

Also, do you think they'll last forever on your cars....if so, is that why your calling a wear-and-tear item a "problem" for supras? A problem is something that breaks when it shouldn't, not when a wear and tear item gets worn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts